Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Story tim with Swaye....

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

whlinder said:

So for Grumble, 100% true story from a NYE party last night. Ran in to a couple we used to be close friends with but have rarely seen in the past ~3 years. Their daughter and our daughter also used to be close friends but drifted apart. They are still in the same grade at the same school, HS freshmen this year. No hard feelings, just kids being kids. Their kid went with lacrosse as her sport. We've heard she's pretty good, and her older sister and cousins also played it.

Asking the dad how much he golfs, cause we used to golf together, he says he hasn't played golf in 3 years. Always something with LAX on the weekend. Complaining about tournaments in the Carolinas and other places. Said he just booked $1500 in hotel rooms for 3 big tournaments in the summer and had to do that now because the costs are even worse closer to it.
    I'm just like, oh man, that stinks, we only had 2 of those for tennis this past year.

Then he proceeds to show me a recruiting video made for the girl which is on YouTube. Showing highlights of her in tournaments. The girl just turned 15 years old and has not played a single minute of high school varsity LAX since it is a spring sport.

If that is the girl's passion and she loves it, ok, cool, that's really awesome she found it and has the talent and her family has the means to support it. A recruiting video prior to your freshman season??? Come the fuck on, that's all on the parents.

Row boat is the best HS sport of all time. I wish I did it. 5 or 6 races in spring. A few in the fall. That’s it. No recruiting videos. Put a good 2 k score on record and call it good. Physics is physics.
    Genetics is genetics, either have it or not
    That’s what I said. Molecules are laws of physics.
    Dude I have the prestigious UW education. I thought this falls under biology
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

whlinder said:

So for Grumble, 100% true story from a NYE party last night. Ran in to a couple we used to be close friends with but have rarely seen in the past ~3 years. Their daughter and our daughter also used to be close friends but drifted apart. They are still in the same grade at the same school, HS freshmen this year. No hard feelings, just kids being kids. Their kid went with lacrosse as her sport. We've heard she's pretty good, and her older sister and cousins also played it.

Asking the dad how much he golfs, cause we used to golf together, he says he hasn't played golf in 3 years. Always something with LAX on the weekend. Complaining about tournaments in the Carolinas and other places. Said he just booked $1500 in hotel rooms for 3 big tournaments in the summer and had to do that now because the costs are even worse closer to it.
    I'm just like, oh man, that stinks, we only had 2 of those for tennis this past year.

Then he proceeds to show me a recruiting video made for the girl which is on YouTube. Showing highlights of her in tournaments. The girl just turned 15 years old and has not played a single minute of high school varsity LAX since it is a spring sport.

If that is the girl's passion and she loves it, ok, cool, that's really awesome she found it and has the talent and her family has the means to support it. A recruiting video prior to your freshman season??? Come the fuck on, that's all on the parents.

Row boat is the best HS sport of all time. I wish I did it. 5 or 6 races in spring. A few in the fall. That’s it. No recruiting videos. Put a good 2 k score on record and call it good. Physics is physics.
    Genetics is genetics, either have it or not
    That’s what I said. Molecules are laws of physics.
    Dude I have the prestigious UW education. I thought this falls under biology
    We are made of matter from exploded stars. Physics is the study of matter and how it behaves.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye's Wigwam

History will ultimately note youth sports as the largest contributing factor to the fall of western civilization.

You know who made youth sports a national priority...
    Yeah and my tall Viking, logging camp libs kicked their fucking asses.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

History will ultimately note youth sports as the largest contributing factor to the fall of western civilization.

Lynden?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Lynden?
    FTGs
    Swaye's Wigwam

Number guy gets it. He studied harder than you @FireCohen .
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Dude I thought we were back to the whole genetics talk about scholarships and stuff.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Dude I thought we were back to the whole genetics talk about scholarships and stuff.
    We took a left turn into physics.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, I came upon a child of God
    He was walking along the road
    And I asked him, Tell me, where are you going
    This he told me
    Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm
    Gonna join in a rock and roll band
    Got to get back to the land and set my soul free
    We are stardust, we are golden
    We are billion year old carbon
    And we got to get ourselves back to the garden
    Well, then can I roam beside you?
    I have come to lose the smog,
    And I feel myself a cog in somethin' turning
    And maybe it's the time of year
    Yes and maybe it's the time of man
    And I don't know who I am
    But life is for learning
    And we got to get…

Ok boomer
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, I came upon a child of God
    He was walking along the road
    And I asked him, Tell me, where are you going
    This he told me
    Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm
    Gonna join in a rock and roll band
    Got to get back to the land and set my soul free
    Well, then can I roam beside you?
    I have come to lose the smog,
    And I feel myself a cog in somethin' turning
    And maybe it's the time of year
    Yes and maybe it's the time of man
    And I don't know who I am
    But life is for learning
    And we got to get…

Ok boomer
    I heart Joni Mitchell.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CSNY released this three years before the Sagan quote
    Swaye's Wigwam

And Joni wrote the words.
    Swaye's Wigwam

And Joni wrote the words.
    Then they paved paradise and put up a parking lot
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

I also really like that you don't have to start at age 3 to be good. You can pick it up in HS or college and be good because physics is physics.

The one problem with row boat is the amount of infrastructure and support required for it.
    That's the best part (only?) about soccer, requires next to nothing to play. Good compromise is rugby.
    Soccer is an easy sport to play when young, but the coaches demand to specialize in it later on and those select teams and camps are really expensive. Anybody playing soccer after about 12 is paying big money.
    I know a family who's 3rd grader is playing in-state travel soccer, to tune of $2k+.
    a family? as in one?

I know 30. And it's more than $2k when you add in collateral expenses. They'll start getting on planes and traveling to Vegas, Phoenix and San Diego in a couple of seasons from now.