Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

George Lucas “felt betrayed” by Disney’s plans for ‘Star Wars’ sequel trilogy

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,648
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

4 billion should provide lots of salve for poor George.

He did donate it all.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have never watched any Star Wars flicks other than episodes 4- 6 other than Rouge 1.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666
    edited December 2019

I have never watched any Star Wars flicks other than episodes 4- 6 other than Rouge 1.

Wow. Please don't get curious then.

If you like star wars I'm begging you. Just leave it at that lol

Although the prequels are best watched as a comedy. Something like Batman vs Robin
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,531
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Although the prequels are best watched as a comedy. Something like Batman vs Robin
    Absolutely agree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's a Credit to New Hope and Empire that I hate scf if and these 2 films don't completely annoy me.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's a Credit to New Hope and Empire that I hate scf if and these 2 films don't completely annoy me.
    Star Wars isn't scifi. By Lucas' own admission, it's space fantasy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

How does Lucas go from sentimental Modesto strip cruising to Darth Vader in like 4 years? Is there any film maker that has made such a dramatic shift in such a short number of years?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This. Watch Episodes 4-6 (and 6 really only for Slave Suit Leia), then watch Rogue One to see how they got the plans for the Death Star. That's it. Never turn on another one and you will leave thinking "That was pretty bad ass. Like a Clint Eastwood flick in space." Watch ANY movies not listed above and you will leave going "Why didn't someone shoot Lucas or Abrams before these abortions could be made?"
  • Options
    Here, speaking about Star Wars, in his own words, is George Lucas talking to “Rolling Stone” magazine in 1977,

“Well, I had a real problem because I was afraid that science-fiction buffs and everybody would say things like, “You know there’s no sound in outer space”. I just wanted to forget science. That would take care of itself. Stanley Kubrick made the ultimate science-fiction movie and it is going to be very hard for somebody to come along and make a better movie, as far as I’m concerned. I didn’t want to make a 2001, I wanted to make a space fantasy that was more in the genre of Edgar Rice Burroughs; that whole other end of space fantasy that was there before science took it over in the Fifties. Once the atomic bomb came, everybody got into monsters and science and what would happen with this and what would happen with that. I think speculative fiction is very valid but they forgot the fairy tales and the dragons and Tolkien and all the real heroes.”
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

How does Lucas go from sentimental Modesto strip cruising to Darth Vader in like 4 years? Is there any film maker that has made such a dramatic shift in such a short number of years?
    Dude do you even THX1138
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Dude do you even THX1138
    No. See above.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,695
    Founders Club

PM to Disney: Stay away from Seinfield!!!

Thanks, Derek. The thought had never crossed my mind. Now I'm shaking and about to vomit.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember my Star Wars phase
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

THE RISE OF COSTANZA

"It moved, Jerry!"