Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1998 air farce

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,947
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I'm watching the cheese bowel

They said Air Farce hasn't been ranked since 1998, the year they beat us in the Aloha Bowl or whatever. I'm not defending it, or the loss to them the next season, but it's not an awful loss, looking back. The 18 point gap was though.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Losing to the WAC is inexcusable. Always. It should also cost you your job if it happens in year six. Fuck Lambo. Fuck Brock. Fuck Fortney for leaving. Fuck that team.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Losing to the WAC is inexcusable. Always. It should also cost you your job if it happens in year six. Fuck Lambo. Fuck Brock. Fuck Fortney for leaving. Fuck that team.

Not sure what blame fortney had in this. He played hurt (look at the size of the brace on his knee vs BYU) when he probably shouldn’t have and messed up his knee significantly worse for uw.
    Then in the off season was literally told to fuck off by Lambo when asked if he could compete for playing time with Brock and promptly transferred long before that game ever happened.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not sure what blame fortney had in this. He played hurt (look at the size of the brace on his knee vs BYU) when he probably shouldn’t have and messed up his knee significantly worse for uw.
    Then in the off season was literally told to fuck off by Lambo when asked if he could compete for playing time with Brock and promptly transferred long before that game ever happened.
    No Fortney=No 2001 Tui.
    The correct answer to any question about the late 90's is always fuck Shane Fortney.
    That magical year he had at Northern Iowa was way better than trying to beat Nebraska or starting against Oregon. Am I right?
    Repeat, Fuck Shane Fortney.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dude sacrificed a ton for the program and was told to fuck off by the head coach when he asked if the job was open for competition once he was healthy. Did he fuck your wife along the way too?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm sorry Mrs. Fortney. I give a shit about UW and what helps UW win games. Lambo was a shitty coach and your son left the program. Had he stayed, the early 2000's are probably at least one year better than they were. Shit, I actually liked your son. We? don't beat a TUFF BYU without his wheels. We? might beat Oregon with him in '97. I love Wesco kids. But I love UW more. Fortney left to lead NIU to a 7-4 record. UW had to play a true frosh Tui in '97. Yes Lambo FS didn't recruit enough QB's but guys taking their ball and going home wasn't a thing in 1996. He thought he had Fortney to stem the tide of glass jaw Brock. But he left. I'm still Bitter. Fuck you.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

No Fortney=No 2001 Tui.
    The correct answer to any question about the late 90's is always fuck Shane Fortney.
    That magical year he had at Northern Iowa was way better than trying to beat Nebraska or starting against Oregon. Am I right?
    Repeat, Fuck Shane Fortney.
    Jesus fucking Christ dude get your fucking facts correct.
    First of all, if Lambright doesn’t fuck Fortney , Tui is not forced to play as a true freshman for an injured Brock Huard against Nebraska meaning one more year of Tui under Neuheisel....

“Wright says an expert will testify to the “unsafe and negligent strength and conditioning practices of the UW football program,” but the UW says all his claims are without merit and is aggressively challenging him in court.

That suit is similar to another filed two weeks ago by former Husky quarterback Shane Fortney over a 1996 knee injury. Fortney says he lost out on a professional football career due to Lambright’s “reckless, malicious” treatment. Fortney, though, admits he filed the suit mainly because he was ticked off at Lambright for threatening a lawsuit of his own against Fortney’s beloved alma mater.”

Even more disturbing were Lambright’s bully tactics. When Fortney wanted to have immediate knee surgery in the middle of last season, to begin a nine-month rehabilitation, Lambright exploded, according to Fortney, saying: “If you mess with me this season, I’ll mess with you next season,” only in language more profane.

For those who know Lambright, his attitude was not surprising, nor atypical for most coaches in that position. The first three priorities for big-time programs such as Washington’s are to win, win and win. The fourth is to look good doing it. Somewhere down the list is the welfare of individual athletes.

Since Fortney’s decision won’t help Washington win, Lambright was upset. Fortney shouldn’t have been surprised: If Lambright didn’t have a high concern for Fortney’s welfare when he was hurting, why would Lambright be concerned after the kid returned to health?

Lambright erred badly when he unloaded the “disloyalty” bomb in public. When Fortney realized he wasn’t going to be given a shot at dislodging Huard - remember, the Husky tradition is that a starter can’t lose a job via injury - he understood that the coaches broke a team covenant. “