Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Does this double as the open thread for the Jimmy Motherfucking Lake burn it all down sell all couches coach search thread?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The OC hire in the next week will really define what type of season(s) we'll have.

In 2019, there was an absence of leadership on the offensive coaching staff with Hamdan being green, Petersen burnt out, and no Tedford-like control coach to mentor the OC. Given that the senior coaches on this staff are all on the defensive side and that Jimmy's never coached offense, the OC is what will define Jimmy's first year as HC.

Fortunately, I have no doubt that Jimmy understands this and will find someone that matches his aggressive style.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The OC hire in the next week will really define what type of season(s) we'll have.

In 2019, there was an absence of leadership on the offensive coaching staff with Hamdan being green, Petersen burnt out, and no Tedford-like control coach to mentor the OC. Given that the senior coaches on this staff are all on the defensive side and that Jimmy's never coached offense, the OC is what will define Jimmy's first year as HC.

Fortunately, I have no doubt that Jimmy understands this and will find someone that matches his aggressive style.

It wasn’t just 2019. It was every year but 2016. Pete’s offensive system has been dated and broken for awhile. He was stubborn and reluctant to change. I think he would have if he stayed, but we will never know.

Obviously the OC hire is important, but no matter who it is, it’s a LIPO situation. It doesn’t define anything.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Newest possible OC name coming up on doogman is the guy at Oregon State.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This board will have a melt down if he's the guy. What happened to Lake wanting to have an offense that hes struggled to stop? Their most dominant performance this year was against the Beav.

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 15 mins, V I P, User Since 219 months ago, User Post Count: 30,814
    15 mins
    VIP
    219 months
    Posters out here making comments about candidates being good or bad choices without much info.

When things don't make sense, my first inclination is to dig a little deeper and see what I'm missing. Others would be well advised to do the same before posting. It's easy to get excited or crap on candidates. Digging a little deeper is a little work but adds credibility.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This board will have a melt down if he's the guy. What happened to Lake wanting to have an offense that hes struggled to stop? Their most dominant performance this year was against the Beav.
    I have a hard time believing Lake would hire someone he dominated this year.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Classic post by a classic moron.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 15 mins, V I P, User Since 219 months ago, User Post Count: 30,814
    15 mins
    VIP
    219 months
    Posters out here making comments about candidates being good or bad choices without much info.

When things don't make sense, my first inclination is to dig a little deeper and see what I'm missing. Others would be well advised to do the same before posting. It's easy to get excited or crap on candidates. Digging a little deeper is a little work but adds credibility.
    What the fuck does this even mean? Does he not want anyone to have an opinion on candidates? What if you dig deeper and see that the candidate has been shitty at all his stops? I’ve never seen Kim dog deep on anything and have research behind any post of his. This is the same guy that said we wouldn’t want to see Dan Cozzetto angry and used that as his proof that he was a good coach.
    Kim craves a world where his opinions are not challenged and his persona is worshiped
    Staliniskim??