Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ron Jaworski FS

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
His top 5 draftable QB prospects came out today, and if you know anything about Jaws you already know big, strong, Blake Bortles is #1. The surprise is that his Hugh Millen FS bias for big QB's has him rank Jonny Manziel 4th and Teddy Bridgewater 3rd...with mediocre Zach Mettenberger at #2.

Jaws' (ILTCH Jaws) sports boner for big QB's is makings his predictions and evaluations reach Lil Kim territory.

Comments

• Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    He was a fairly tall QB and he was mediocre at best
  • Options

Ron_Fairly > Ron Jaworski
  • Options
    dnc said:

Speaking of mediocre at best....

But Jaws was mediocrer in his sport
  • Options

dnc said:

Speaking of mediocre at best....

But Jaws was mediocrer in his sport
    I didn't say Ron Fairly > Ron Jaworski, I said Ron_Fairly > Ron Jaworski.

Some of you need to learn the difference.

• Options
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I still remember when he was on Kaepernik's nuts going into the year saying he could be the greatest QB of all-time.

Jaws has jumped the shark for sure.

*Yes I made a lame pun. Fuck off
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I still remember when he was on Kaepernik's nuts going into the year saying he could be the greatest QB of all-time.

Jaws has jumped the shark for sure.

*Yes I made a lame pun. Fuck off

That was one of the most FS things I've ever heard.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think ranking Flacco at #4 over Brees, Luck, Ryan, Newton, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Wilson, etc is the worst ranking he had. Joe Flacco over Drew Brees! By the way, the QB that Jaws compared Mettenberger to... Joe Flacco. At least the Kaepernick shit was about his potential. I don't think Jaws is that old, but he needs to go along with Corso and Dickie V.
  • Options

I think ranking Flacco at #4 over Brees, Luck, Ryan, Newton, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Wilson, etc is the worst ranking he had. Joe Flacco over Drew Brees! By the way, the QB that Jaws compared Mettenberger to... Joe Flacco. At least the Kaepernick shit was about his potential. I don't think Jaws is that old, but he needs to go along with Corso and Dickie V.

Totally agree. Being flaccid for Flacco is much worse than his cock for kaep. Flacco is mediocre at best.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jaws use to be one of the few worthwhile to listen to.

Amazing how low most "experts" still rank Wilson. I don't think he is a top 5 QB but I see him in most peoples 12-15 range which is way too low.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2014

Amazing how low most "experts" still rank Wilson. I don't think he is a top 5 QB but I see him in most peoples 12-15 range which is way too low.

Wilson is relative. He has a great running game, a great defense and rarely throws more than 20-25 times per game. He's been great in what comparatively is a reduced role as QB. The system fits him perfect.

Now if Wilson had to drop back 40 times per game like many of the QB's in the league, he wouldn't measure up to the Brees', Brady's, Rodgers and PManning's of the world. He wouldn't be Matt Schaub but he wouldn't be elite either.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014

Zach FUCKING Mettenberger? Holy crap. That guy is terrible. If Brandon Weeden was 20 years younger and way worse at playing QB his name would be Zach Mettenberger.

So terrible that he led his team to a 44-3 victory over Sark's Fightin' Doogs

Granted, I probably could have QB'ed LSU to a rather easy victory. Still worth noting.

I hate this program.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Agreed. I think you can argue for him as high as five and as low as eight or nine. Not elite but easily in that second tier. Anyone who puts Flacco or Eli or Stafford above him is FS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Wilson has always reminded me of Big Ben. Sure he benefits from a good defense but he makes plays with his legs. He buys his team a good 2-3 extra first downs by scrambling from a sack and making a big throw.

Wilson also plays smart and takes care of the ball. Is very accurate and rarely makes a bonehead throw for an easy INT. He's without a doubt in the top 10.