Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why I'm excited, and why you might also be excited for 2020!

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019
    DJDuck said:

Well one thing is for sure. When the game is on the line Asa Turner can be counted on for that tough tackle.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Let’s let a Newton have an every down role before saying he’s not good enough. BTP it’s purely TBS faggotry why you think he’s not good enough.

I bet he gets a little faster and works on the nuances. The balance and power are there. He’s great in short yardage.

Ok! He’s never going to start here, hth
  • Options
    chuck said:

Your post was fine, but I stopped reading at Newton is a more athletic Chris Polk.

Um...no. You guys stroking yourselves over him should rein it in a bit. Hes not a feature back. He's a good platoon guy with average size, better than average strength at size, and below average speed.

Polk had high 4.4 to low 4.5 speed at 220 lbs and was as capable and accomplished as a receiver as the guys playing receiver on those teams. He was also harder to tackle than Newton.

I get huffy about disrespect for Polk and Sankey. Fucking recency bias.

TYFYS chuck. He’s not good enough. He’s a Boise State level back.
  • Options

I like Dick Newton. He’s just not good enough. Have you seen Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, Clyde Edwards Helaire, De’Andre Swift, Najee Harris etc.?

Yes, I have.

Nobody like that exists on the UW roster.

This is why people tell you to shut up. That Ballz character really got into your head and made you retarded.
    Salvon can get it it done against Auburn, Bama, USC, Oregon etc. and has proven t.

Dick Newton’s best games have been against WAC level competition. He’s not good and doesn’t have a high ceiling.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This thread went from HIV to FBA shockingly fast.

Fuck off.
  • Options

Offense:

Our wide receiving core is going to be elite next year.

No longer do we have to watch Fuller, Opera and to a smaller extent, McClatcher play wideout for UW. Gone are the days of 5'8-5'10 170 lb wideouts dropping passes, failing to get open and getting physically dominated over the middle.

Next year's wideouts that should get serious run: Bynum, was easily our best wideout by season's end, guy is a gamer. Puca showed out before his injury and should turn into a no. 1 option. Spiker he got some run late in the season and made some big plays down the field for the Dawgs, one of the highest recruits we've ever gotten should finally get a real chance. Jones will be back and 100% healthy... he and Puca on the outside are going to be a mismatch nightmare. We should also finally see Osbourne get some good run, not to mention McMillan as an elite true frosh. We really do go 6 or 7 seriously talented wideouts deep in 2020 when at times WR felt like a serious weakness in 2018 and 2019.

Don't forget about Odunze. That dude looks legit. He's big, physical and while he seems a bit slow off the line, once he picks up speed I don't know if anyone is running that guy down from behind.
    His 3.99 shuttle disagrees
  • Options
    How do you think Newton is good when he can’t even get to the edge against Boise State DE’s lol?
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    ]

chuck said:

Your post was fine, but I stopped reading at Newton is a more athletic Chris Polk.

Um...no. You guys stroking yourselves over him should rein it in a bit. Hes not a feature back. He's a good platoon guy with average size, better than average strength at size, and below average speed.

Polk had high 4.4 to low 4.5 speed at 220 lbs and was as capable and accomplished as a receiver as the guys playing receiver on those teams. He was also harder to tackle than Newton.

In case you missed it, Boise has put Doug Martin and Jay Ajayi into the NFL. Both guys had far more success than any Husky back over the last decade.

So your comparison is fucking stupid.

And your idea that Cam Davis is somehow the future ahead of Newton has no basis in reality. There is no evidence to point to that theory.
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    Edited for double post, because i'm a scrub.
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Offense:

No longer do we have to watch Fuller, Opera and to a smaller extent, McClatcher play wideout for UW. Gone are the days of 5'8-5'10 170 lb wideouts dropping passes, failing to get open and getting physically dominated over the middle.

Next year's wideouts that should get serious run: Bynum, was easily our best wideout by season's end, guy is a gamer. Puca showed out before his injury and should turn into a no. 1 option. Spiker he got some run late in the season and made some big plays down the field for the Dawgs, one of the highest recruits we've ever gotten should finally get a real chance. Jones will be back and 100% healthy... he and Puca on the outside are going to be a mismatch nightmare. We should also finally see Osbourne get some good run, not to mention McMillan as an elite true frosh. We really do go 6 or 7 seriously talented wideouts deep in 2020 when at times WR felt like a serious weakness in 2018 and 2019.

Don't forget about Odunze. That dude looks legit. He's big, physical and while he seems a bit slow off the line, once he picks up speed I don't know if anyone is running that guy down from behind.
    Look at his 40 time vs his 100m time. 4.55 40 which is decent, but not really spectacular, even at his size. 10.6 100m, which is great at any size, never mind 6'3, 205lbs.
  • Options

]

chuck said:

In case you missed it, Boise has put Doug Martin and Jay Ajayi into the NFL. Both guys had far more success than any Husky back over the last decade.

And your idea that Cam Davis is somehow the future ahead of Newton has no basis in reality. There is no evidence to point to that theory.
    I don’t want guys who Boise would recruit out of high school, hope this helps. Imagine comparing Richard Newton who is slow and plodding to Doug Martin and Jay Ajayi. Fuck off. You were one of the move Salvon to WR!!!!11!1!! Fucktards.

Cam Davis has high end ability as proven by his 20 yard touchdown on his 3rd career carry but got called back. Dick Newt doesn’t have that burst or explosion.

Salvon is eons better than Richard Newton. We used him wrong. Salvon needs to be in a system that empathizes stretch runs, we didn’t use him this way. When we did he was explosive.

Richard Newton had no shot at making it to the fucking edge against a MWC team. He’s not good enough. He doesn’t have it. The only reason you think he’s good is because he’d come in on the goal line. He was the definition of a touchdown vulture.
  • Options

Look at his 40 time vs his 100m time. 4.55 40 which is decent, but not really spectacular, even at his size. 10.6 100m, which is great at any size, never mind 6'3, 205lbs.

Dude he’s 6”3 205 runs a 4.55, 40+ in vert according to gorman’s HC, and has a 3.99 shuttle . That’s nuts. We haven’t had someone that big and physically talented out wide that I can remember. He’s legit as fuck. I agree. He doesn’t even look slow off the line.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Offense:

Long limbed guys dont look quick if you're not watching the right things.
  • Options

]

chuck said:

I don’t want guys who Boise would recruit out of high school, hope this helps. Imagine comparing Richard Newton who is slow and plodding to Doug Martin and Jay Ajayi. Fuck off. You were one of the move Salvon to WR!!!!11!1!! Fucktards.

Cam Davis has high end ability as proven by his 20 yard touchdown on his 3rd career carry but got called back. Dick Newt doesn’t have that burst or explosion.

Salvon is eons better than Richard Newton. We used him wrong. Salvon needs to be in a system that empathizes stretch runs, we didn’t use him this way. When we did he was explosive.

Richard Newton had no shot at making it to the fucking edge against a MWC team. He’s not good enough. He doesn’t have it. The only reason you think he’s good is because he’d come in on the goal line. He was the definition of a touchdown vulture.
    You wonder at all why people think pretty much everything you have to say is stupid?

Did you really just say Ahmed has proven he can get it done vs Bama and Auburn?

Against Penn St. he had 1 carry for 1 yard.

Against Ohio St. he had 5 carries for 4 yards.

Against Auburn he had 7 carries for 36 yards.

News flash... the Pac 12 sucks and Ahmed looks like utter shit against elite opponents. What are you talking about?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

]

chuck said:

Cam Davis is probably the guy next year, he's a very well-rounded back, moreso than Ahmed or Newton.

• Options
    And yes, Ahmed would be better served playing a flanker-like role where he can make plays in space. He's not a good between-the-tackles back... sorry. Almost everything he hits is on the exterior.
  • Options

]

chuck said:

Cam Davis is probably the guy next year, he's a very well-rounded back, moreso than Ahmed or Newton.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I have a hard time thinking they're just going to give the ball to Davis when Newton was getting a bulk of the carries late this year. But OK.
  • Options
    He had 100 yard games against USC and oregon this year. He wasn’t the feature guy last year.

Imagine sucking Richard Newton’s dick because he runs TUFF!!!1!1 but isn’t even the same league as Salvon.
  • Options

And yes, Ahmed would be better served playing a flanker-like role where he can make plays in space. He's not a good between-the-tackles back... sorry. Almost everything he hits is on the exterior.

This is how I know you’re retard and have no idea what you are sayin... A flanker is the Z WR LOL.

Salvon would be be best used in an outside zone system that uses their RB as mismatches in the passing game. Pete didn’t do either and he still put up 1,000+ yards and 11 TDs. He’s fucking good.
  • Options

He had 100 yard games against USC and oregon this year. He wasn’t the feature guy last year.

Imagine sucking Richard Newton’s dick because he runs TUFF!!!1!1 but isn’t even the same league as Salvon.

Gosh you really are the dumbest poster on this board. It's shocking.

Nobody here thinks Salvon is an every down, workhorse back... except you.

Literally nobody else.