Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why I'm excited, and why you might also be excited for 2020!

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Dick Newton "lacks the wiggle" to be a starter... yeah he just mauls fuckers on a team that wants a physical RB. Cam Davis is not going to be starting over or getting more carries than Newton next year.

Except he averaged 3.5 YPC against power 5 competition. I get why you like him. He smokes weed and talks shit. But he doesn’t have the top end ability to ball against legit teams. He’s cool though.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Dick Newton "lacks the wiggle" to be a starter... yeah he just mauls fuckers on a team that wants a physical RB. Cam Davis is not going to be starting over or getting more carries than Newton next year.

Dick Newton reminds me of Pat Conniff
  • Options
    I like Dick Newton. He’s just not good enough. Have you seen Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, Clyde Edwards Helaire, De’Andre Swift, Najee Harris etc.?
  • Options

I like Dick Newton. He’s just not good enough. Have you seen Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, Clyde Edwards Helaire, De’Andre Swift, Najee Harris etc.?

I can't even tell you how stupid it is to say a freshman running back who scored 10 TD's on 117 carries "isn't good enough" when he was mostly used in short-yardage situations and absolutely excelled.

You do realize his YPC goes down when he's banging in TD's from the 1 right? Something we absolutely blew ass at for years?
    Exactly he’s a touchdown vulture. That’s why you think he’s good because he’s a decent goal line back. That doesn’t mean he’s good. He’s a situational guy a la Lavon Coleman and that is fine
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did you just compare a black guy and a white guy?
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Just elite or Big Dick Elite?

Sounds like off season natty final 4 is in the bag.

I think our WR core is going to be one of the best in the country next year. '

I think final 4 depends on Eason.
    Imagine having a year of WRs being the biggest offensive handicap for this team, and then predicting they'll be one of the best in the country next year.

Please STFU. This team was good on paper this year too and shit their own pants.
    Baccellia/Fuller

Manu/Wellington

Were never good on paper. There was an obvious lapse from the coaching staff in position groups. Most people know this by now.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    we only have to put up with this kind of thread till the end of August.

I started to read it then figured it was written by someone who lives in his two dads basement. TLDR until August 1st
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Curn will be in the mix too. He split tim with with Bowman at RT and looked pretty solid I thought.

Offense:

Mele really emerged as a viable option at center in times that Harris went down. While most people were fans of Harris, it's undeniable that sometimes his lack of size was a liability and he had times where he struggled in pass pro against stronger defenders. He was always a great puller in the run game, and that's def an attribute we'll miss... but Mele goes 6'5 315 lbs... that difference in reach is huge and Mele is a real talent. It was clear Adams lost a step this season and he even admitted his body will never be the same following all the injuries he suffered... I think there's a chance we see a young-buck start at left tackle just like Tre did 5 years ago: Nate Kalepo, Julius Buelow and Roger Rosengarten could all vie for starting roles at the LT and RT for the Dawgs again, like Tre and McGary did as youngsters. I also see MJ Ale in that mix as well. Kirkland, Wattenberg and Bainivalu will all be back at the guard position, hopefully acting as the glue that helps hold things together for the young guys.

• Options
    LebamDawg said:

we only have to put up with this kind of thread till the end of August.

I started to read it then figured it was written by someone who lives in his two dads basement. TLDR until August 1st

Nothing says 2 dads and basement like some asshole who wishes the Huskies are out of it by August 1st.

The fuck is wrong with you?
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Did you just compare a black guy and a white guy?
    BBB vs BWB
  • Options
    chuck said:

Your post was fine, but I stopped reading at Newton is a more athletic Chris Polk.

Um...no. You guys stroking yourselves over him should rein it in a bit. Hes not a feature back. He's a good platoon guy with average size, better than average strength at size, and below average speed.

Polk had high 4.4 to low 4.5 speed at 220 lbs and was as capable and accomplished as a receiver as the guys playing receiver on those teams. He was also harder to tackle than Newton.

I get huffy about disrespect for Polk and Sankey. Fucking recency bias.

Not comparing him to Sankey... not at all. Different players.

I do think he and Polk are similar though.

And I'm not sure how you can discount someone's abilities until they get feature back carries, especially as a freshman. I saw Newton hit some really nice runs to the second level yesterday when he was given the reps.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Quit pretending that Kalepo will vie for a starting job. He won’t and never will.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Quit pretending that Kalepo will vie for a starting job. He won’t and never will.

You're saying that, why?