Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Pao Pao greatest TE coach in history of CFB?

longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited December 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Will Dissley, converted DE to much injured weapon for Seattle.

Drew Sample, 2nd round pick

Hunter Bryant Projected 1st round pick.

https://nflmocks.com/2019/12/20/2020-nfl-draft-dolphins-tua-mock-draft/30/

Cade Otton .....might be best of them all.

Random note Bryant had more Catches and Yards in 2019 then George Kittle did his entire Iowa career

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Him and Gregoy will both be back. The lbs improved a lot as the year went on and special teams was amazing
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He’s gone. Redman doesn’t save his lazy ass.
  • Options
    Founders Club

He’s gone. Redman doesn’t save his lazy ass.

Why is he gone?

• Options
    Founders Club
    Lbs and TEs havent been uws problem

Every position had a down year except TE
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Him and Gregoy will both be back. The lbs improved a lot as the year went on and special teams was amazing

PGOS super genius
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Im surprised. TE has never been an issue for us.

Why is Adams retained? Recruiting?

Both him and Huff have been less successful than Jordan
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

Paopao was the only one without a contract for 2020. Why is anyone surprised? I’m more surprised people think canning Bush and Paopao are Jimmy’s moves and that Petersen wasn’t going to do the same thing. this offseason. If Jimmy gets rid of Gregory that’ll be his first real move.
    Exactly this. Jordan and Bush were the lay-up decisions for Lake, just like Pease, Lubick, and Strausser were for Pete.

Lake's been with Gregory for 8 years so his heart is telling him one thing.

My hope is he will listen to his head and make the decision that a change is needed. IMO in his gut he knows what needs to be done, but will he act on it is the question
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Domicillo said:

Paopao was the only one without a contract for 2020. Why is anyone surprised? I’m more surprised people think canning Bush and Paopao are Jimmy’s moves and that Petersen wasn’t going to do the same thing. this offseason. If Jimmy gets rid of Gregory that’ll be his first real move.
    Exactly this. Jordan and Bush were the lay-up decisions for Lake, just like Pease, Lubick, and Strausser were for Pete.

My hope is he will listen to his head and make the decision that a change is needed. IMO in his gut he knows what needs to be done, but will he act on it is the question
    Gregory should have been fired for special teams in 2018 and for the LB okay this year.

That said, the damage has been done. LB will be good the next few years and the special teams were good this year.

I’m not opposed to firing him at all, but I don’t really care either. I don’t think he’s a huge liability like Bush. He’s not the worst position coach on the team and the two that did the best in recruiting this year have not shown anything that shows they can actually coach, especially Huff.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

godawgst said:

Domicillo said:

Gregory should have been fired for special teams in 2018 and for the LB okay this year.

That said, the damage has been done. LB will be good the next few years and the special teams were good this year.

I’m not opposed to firing him at all, but I don’t really care either. I don’t think he’s a huge liability like Bush. He’s not the worst position coach on the team and the two that did the best in recruiting this year have not shown anything that shows they can actually coach, especially Huff.
    He gets paid like a top end position coach for a mediocre Performence. Take those funds and use them toward a more sure thing at secondary or qb coach. Depends on who is available but you shouldn’t distribute that much of your budget to someone that doesn’t recruit well and is not that great on personnel decisions and development.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LBs improved only by virtue of Manu finally sitting after playing way too much. This is a series of bad PGOS hot takes.
    I was most pissed about Manu in the Oregon game. We took a Lb off the field and played Manu on the edge. It’s like the coaches felt bad about pulling him from his normal spot and carved out a new role for him.

Fetters has some stats for the game where Oregon got like 5.1 yards per play with him off the field and almost 8 with him on. It’s mind boggling why it took so long for Ulofoshio to get a shot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Domicillo said:

He gets paid like a top end position coach for a mediocre Performence. Take those funds and use them toward a more sure thing at secondary or qb coach. Depends on who is available but you shouldn’t distribute that much of your budget to someone that doesn’t recruit well and is not that great on personnel decisions and development.
    I think Gregory is leaned on for game planning. He was a DC before any our coaches now and a good one at that. His track record is pretty good. I have no problem with the defensive staff staying together or if they can Gregory and Harris.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

godawgst said:

Domicillo said:

I sincerely hope they shitcan Gregory. But if they don’t, he better be on a short fucking leash. The ILB play this year was comically atrocious... and he’s a colosal recruiting liability.

I’m with Roadie on Huff... He’s been a monster on the recruiting trail but I have this nagging feeling he’s not much of a coach. Guess we’ll find out a lot next season. EWIWBI.

Also, Junior Adams has recruited really well but his unit was a fuckshow this year. He better play his best talent next season.