Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marjon Beauchamp

123457»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sermon seekers?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    G-League also offers a limited number of roster spots for 18 year olds to get paid $125,000 for a year while waiting to become draft eligible.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Terrific parenting

Word.

Dumb fuck.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,856
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So, we had a back up plan, right?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

I could see him being a mid 2nd rd guy with this news. While its possible that he'll develop more this way, the exposure that goes with playing well on the college level would do much more for improving his draft stock.

Yep. Mitchell Robinson was a top 10 recruit and basically went this same path. Ended up as a 2nd round pick
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius_Bazley

This guy was supposed to go to Syracuse. He was ranked similarly to Beaucamp. A low 5 star/high 4 star guy. He ended up signing with New Balance and getting his training paid for. He went first round.

On one hand, NBA scouts don’t have as much to judge you on by skipping college. The mystery can be a good thing because they see higher risk/reward. The downside is nobody gets to see the player compete against other top competition.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Matthew 25

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[c] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,[d] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[e] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

Beauchamp is the servant with one talent.

Burying it for a year is a bold strategy, Cotton.

Let's see if it pays off for him.

This is why I am addicted to gambling.

Thanks Jesus!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He’s fallen off all of the draft boards that he was previously on earlier this year.

Good. I hope this experiment fails miserably and this prep-to-pro bullshit dies off.