Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remember Peak Oil? Now we have Peak Meat!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Dugdawg said:

Might as well not even play the game.

I was in Peru on business. We drove along the coast for miles and trash was stacked up along side the road. It went on for miles and miles. The people have no trash service so they put it on the side of the road. When the wind whips up it will blow it right into the water. I had never seen so much trash floating around. On my flight down I sat next to two old surfers and they were headed to the coast of Peru. There is a certain place that has amazing waves and the best of the best want to surf there. They described how they have to surf in between trash waves. There will be a huge wave coming up but it will be completely loaded with trash so they have to wait for the right wave to come along with no trash in it.

I would estimate that there was more trash in the water in Peru than on the entire coast line of the USA and Canada combined. Where solid waste in our oceans is concerned, Third World countries are doing the damage.
    You are right that the problem in Peru is yuge, but pollution knows no political boundaries. We humans can either cop out and adopt the objectivist stance so well articulated above by George Carlin, or fucking do something about it.

Adapt or die. I'm thinking we could adapt, and still eat meat.