Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to this bored

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Talent is a good thing you fucking doog.

If we suck next year we blame the coaches... like we did this year.

I just hope the coaching levels up.
    This the talent is there. We want talent. Talent is good. It’s up to the coaches to not fuck it up.
    I believe in talent plus coaching. See Oregon smoking Utah. TBS won the PAC this year.
    Except that they won with a core of a bunch of 3 star recruits held over from the Helfrich era (Herbert, Lemeuix, Hansen, Dye, etc). Oregon and UW have been running pretty neck and neck with recruiting the last few years. This idea that Oregon has blown UW out of the water in recruiting lately is a complete myth.
    Yup. We are very talented. We obviously can level up in recruiting. Lets see the changes we make on offense...

It’s not like 3 stars can’t be talented either. Two of our best recruits are Esteen and Gaard...
    I feel like Gaard is going to be 1st team all pac just because of the name.
    Also because he’s fucking amazing
    I’ll have to take your word on it. I’ve never watched teen boi film in my life.
    You’ll always remember your first
    Nah. I’m like the 40 year TBS virgin. Too late for me.
    you and me both
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Winners win. Losers yap about recruiting what-ifs.

Same as it ever was.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Winners recruit at an elite level soooo
    edited December 2019
    Baceilla, Fuller, Manu, Hilbers, Twattenberg (you fat pos) etc.

Duh beta coaching is a massive issue, recruiting isn’t the end all be all. But winners recruit. You need this thing called talent to win. We aren’t popping off and winning a natty without it.
  • dnc said:

2020 better be speshial or you TBS dorks are gonna be on double secret probation.

Of those 43 we are missing at least three: Kaho, Yankoff, Lowe. Any others I’m overlooking? Eifler I assume?
    Are we the only top program in the Pac12 that has some attrition of 4-5 stars?

Duh beta coaching is a massive issue, recruiting isn’t the end all be all. But winners recruit. You need this thing called talent to win. We aren’t popping off and winning a natty without it.

Wattenberg was actually a pretty big recruiting get. He was an army all american. Sometimes kids dont reach their TBS potential
    Duke was like his only other school that would take him if i recall. I didn’t like him or McGrew coming out. Mcgrew has been misused tho
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Wittenberg needs to be more committed in the weight room.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Wattenberg was actually a pretty big recruiting get. He was an army all american. Sometimes kids dont reach their TBS potential
    He was a top 300 recruit, Army AA and beloved by the local TBS community.

The conventional wisdom at the time was that we only offered Nick Harris in order to get Wattenburg.

dnc said:

The conventional wisdom at the time was that we only offered Nick Harris in order to get Wattenburg.

sad that nick harris is an 2nd team all american and watty looks like big lesbo
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You got it all wrong... First you win the Natty, only THEN can you pop off.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

beloved by the local TBSers because he wasn't here yet.

same as every recruit every year.

dnc said:

Talent is a good thing you fucking doog.

If we suck next year we blame the coaches... like we did this year.

I just hope the coaching levels up.
    This the talent is there. We want talent. Talent is good. It’s up to the coaches to not fuck it up.
    I believe in talent plus coaching. See Oregon smoking Utah. TBS won the PAC this year.
    Except that they won with a core of a bunch of 3 star recruits held over from the Helfrich era (Herbert, Lemeuix, Hansen, Dye, etc). Oregon and UW have been running pretty neck and neck with recruiting the last few years. This idea that Oregon has blown UW out of the water in recruiting lately is a complete myth.
    Yup. We are very talented. We obviously can level up in recruiting. Lets see the changes we make on offense...

It’s not like 3 stars can’t be talented either. Two of our best recruits are Esteen and Gaard...
    I feel like Gaard is going to be 1st team all pac just because of the name.
    Also because he’s fucking amazing
    I’ll have to take your word on it. I’ve never watched teen boi film in my life.
    You’ll always remember your first
    Nah. I’m like the 40 year TBS virgin. Too late for me.
    But have you never twatted a teen boi or followed one on Twatter? I don't even have a Twatter account. According to BDTW we all should have like a dozen burner accounts.
    They should focus on setting up a website firsT
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

The 20th ranked guard is typically a 4 star, but would be predicted to be a 6th-7th round pick if the draft was done strictly by recruiting rankings. Last year there were 30 OL picked in the NFL draft.

There are like 50 4 star WR’s. 50 WR’s aren’t drafted each year. Sometimes we overrate 4 star guys. Low 4 star guys are basically fringe NFL players according to their ranking.

Wattenberg is going to be a 3 year starter and a fringe NFL guy which is pretty close to his ranking out of high school. He was the 13th ranked guard on 24/7. That was probably pretty accurate.