Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nice of Seattle city council to put people out of work

2»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,135
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I didn't and still don't support the City Council getting involved in setting minimum wages. But let's also take this with a grain of salt. Tom Douglas and/or his company just made a $2.4 million class action settlement related to labor violations. The author is also involved with Restaurant Workers of America, which looks suspiciously like a restaurant industry funded astroturf organization.

So let's see a 2.4 million class Acton settlement means the attorney got 2.39 million and a check went out to the purple actually effected in the amount of .02 cents.
    It appears the attorneys requested the court approve a fee of $600,000, or 25% in other words. The internet can actually be used to gather facts. You should try it.
    Attorneys don't deal in facts. HTH
    You shouldn't have rushed. Even you almost certainly could have come up something better.
    Simple truth works for me.
    And if not truth, simple still suits you.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I didn't and still don't support the City Council getting involved in setting minimum wages. But let's also take this with a grain of salt. Tom Douglas and/or his company just made a $2.4 million class action settlement related to labor violations. The author is also involved with Restaurant Workers of America, which looks suspiciously like a restaurant industry funded astroturf organization.

So let's see a 2.4 million class Acton settlement means the attorney got 2.39 million and a check went out to the purple actually effected in the amount of .02 cents.
    It appears the attorneys requested the court approve a fee of $600,000, or 25% in other words. The internet can actually be used to gather facts. You should try it.
    You shouldn't have rushed. Even you almost certainly could have come up something better.
    Hilarious for the #ShittyLawyerWhoCan'tGetHisFactsStraight to be lecturing to anyone about the law or facts.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Even when you agree with something you can't help yourself to not use a logical fallacy.
    Uhhh, okay. In English?
    As an *ahem* attorney, you better damn well know what a logical fallacy is.

Or is this where you slept through first-year again?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,759
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Simple truth works for me.
    And if not truth, simple still suits you.
    No it suits you. Try and keep up.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,307
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Now is the time to screech up scotti. Defend those minimum wage hikes that have put people and businesses out of work.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

If you can't support a family of 4 in middle class comfort while working at McDonald's they should all be burned to the ground!

Ironically, places like walmart and mcDonalds don’t mind the minimum wage so much. They can reduce hours with technology investments and can better absorb the costs, so they do fine. It’s the small business that gets crushed, and that is OK with Walmart and McDonalds. Then people bitch about the local places closing.
    AI is coming for your jerbs.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

If you can't support a family of 4 in middle class comfort while working at McDonald's they should all be burned to the ground!

Ironically, places like walmart and mcDonalds don’t mind the minimum wage so much. They can reduce hours with technology investments and can better absorb the costs, so they do fine. It’s the small business that gets crushed, and that is OK with Walmart and McDonalds. Then people bitch about the local places closing.
    Not mine
  • Options

Sledog said:

Not mine
    Nor mine. But for millions of others.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s almost like what constitutes a “livable” wage might vary dramatically from human to human.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Not mine
    Radiologists should have a backup plan
  • Options

Sledog said:

Not mine
    Radiologists should have a backup plan
    I’m sure they can transition to a different field of medicine. But yes, that is an example of a machine kicking a humans ass.