Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tre'Shaun Harrison, 2018 RB/S, Seattle (Garfield), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

I think I’d still take him at RB. Give him a year to reshirt and make the switch. I wouldn’t take him at WR or S.

This I can get behind this
    I bet you would like to get behind @dnc .........@swaye what are you going to do???

the redman is getting KTFO
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I'm not mistaken (and I'd hate for it to happen for the first time in this post), this kid, after being only offered as a RB/DB and not WR (staff was clearly right in their assessment) was Patient Zero in poisoning the local recruiting well. Staff had to work pretty damned hard to mend those bridges, especially with SEC West piling on with the racial bullshit.

Personally, I hope he still holds a grudge and wants nothing to do with Washington, as I don't want him anywhere near the '20 commits and '21/'22 targets after Lake tells him there's still not a need for him at WR at Washington. I fear this guy is going to come back from the grave and fuck with UW's recruiting a second time. Smalls' tweet should be seen as more ominous than anything.

Disclosure: I ABSOLUTELY wanted him as a RB in his class. That train has sailed, and now I'd rather just avoid the drama.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

I think I’d still take him at RB. Give him a year to reshirt and make the switch. I wouldn’t take him at WR or S.

I bet you would like to get behind @dnc .........@swaye what are you going to do???

I may be repeating myself, but I hate lefties.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If I'm not mistaken (and I'd hate for it to happen for the first time in this post), this kid, after being only offered as a RB/DB and not WR (staff was clearly right in their assessment) was Patient Zero in poisoning the local recruiting well. Staff had to work pretty damned hard to mend those bridges, especially with SEC West piling on with the racial bullshit.

Personally, I hope he still holds a grudge and wants nothing to do with Washington, as I don't want him anywhere near the '20 commits and '21/'22 targets after Lake tells him there's still not a need for him at WR at Washington. I fear this guy is going to come back from the grave and fuck with UW's recruiting a second time. Smalls' tweet should be seen as more ominous than anything.

Disclosure: I ABSOLUTELY wanted him as a RB in his class. That train has sailed, and now I'd rather just avoid the drama.

I wouldn’t think someone who has entered the portal has much credibility with future recruits.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Willie Taggarts leftovers
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

Best case is he asks The Jimmy for a shot at S here. 2nd best case is he he just follows Willie to FAU
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    I can't see the kid starring

Best case is he asks The Jimmy for a shot at S here. 2nd best case is he he just follows Willie to FAU
    Yep. Don't know how much he likes to tackle though so you wonder about safety. I'd be interested as a kick returner and 3rd down back option.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm just surprised this didn't happen earlier.

Also wouldn't be surprised if he follows Taggart to FAU. He sadly probably can't be on next seasons Last Chance U. I'm content with Letting It Play Out.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This one is confusing for me, but it's a real big let down. Especially with what we have coming in the 2019/2020 classes. We need to stop the trend of best players in state going elsewhere.

Any truth to the rumor that uw backed off???
    Saw somewhere that his grades are really shitty. Have no idea if it's true tho.
    Here it comes. The "UW is too hard to get into" routine. Love it.
    Nope! Try again. The fact is, Petersen will not take a kid who has a questionable academic history without the kid agreeing to follow a plan to get his shit together. Chico McClatcher is a perfect example of this. Unless you have a learning disability or speak little English, not being able to maintain a 2.0 GPA in high school is a symptom of being an unmotivated lazy-ass. Part of Pete's mantra is that this often carries on to the football field, which is true. If the rumor is true that this player's academics were questionable, Pete likely said, "we want you at UW, here's a plan to get your shit in order". Willie likely said, "we want you at UO, that chair you're sitting in is made out of Ferrari leather." Different kids are gonna make different decisions in this situation.

There's a reason Pete didn't waste time on that 4-star OT from Richland. You guys found that out a few months ago when he didn't qualify.
    This is what I mean. You assume a lot of shit about Pete you probably don't quite know. Maybe it's because he looks and sounds like the kind of guy who has credibility to you. It doesn't mean shit when it comes to this business. You also assume a lot of shit about Willie, who just got to this conference 5 minutes ago. I have no experience, and I strongly suspect you don't either, to substantiate your "likely" scenarios.

I also have a hard time believing that Pete somehow knows how to read the academic issues better than most of other Pac 12 coaches. Pete is not recruiting to Stanford. That is a different animal altogether. Quit trying to act like the situations are even remotely similar. Fuck you guys have a man-crush on this dude, and it's so fucking predictable. None of these arguments would be made if he weren't winning.

If Pete needs someone and is convinced the kid is an elite talent, he'll go after him and make it work. If he chooses to not make it work, I would better guess it has to do with easier or better alternatives. I'm guessing the same is true at Oregon and with us? at WSU.

There is a bigger academic profile difference between UW and UCLA than there is between UW and Oregon or WSU. If UCLA can get a dummy, UW can get a dummy.

If we're just talking about handicapping some kid's odds of qualifying, I'm pretty sure you? don't have the only coach outside of Palo Alto who knows how to do it.
    You had a better argument with using California, not UCLA. And the University of California system is pretty stringent, so who are
    Swaye said:

I don't want him. FTG. Sloppy seconds are fine if it's a dime, but never cool if it's a five.

2 fives make a 10
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I don’t know why, i always have a soft spot for the local kids
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

Auto-rec for hockey violence.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ruth saying we are going after him

I don't care that much if we actually get him, but I really hope we are going after him. The reluctance to go after any transfers is something I hope changes under Jimmy
    Exactly my thoughts. The philosophical shift here is much bigger news than the specific player.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I always wanted him over trey Lowe. If we have room why not? We likely can only grab 2 recruits worth of a crap at the moment. Yary and Jacobe. Don’t think Xavier has room. If we can take him on let’s do it.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I could see him end up with Smiff in Corvallis.