Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UNLV close to a deal with Arroyo

GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Christmas coming early? Cmon UNLV sign the deal!!!

Comments

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    GDS said:

I've been hard on Arroyo, but am open to him returning to see what he can whisper to a different QB. Watch a lot of film analysis this season after kneejerk bitching, and the limitations that Herbert often has in seeing the whole field are astounding.

Best of luck to Arroyo if he leaves though, and Oregon will be just fine. I just hope the class stays in tact.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ramenduck said:

GDS said:

I've been hard on Arroyo, but am open to him returning to see what he can whisper to a different QB. Watch a lot of film analysis this season after kneejerk bitching, and the limitations that Herbert often has in seeing the whole field are astounding.

Best of luck to Arroyo if he leaves though, and Oregon will be just fine. I just hope the class stays in tact.
    Don't get it twisted: Criscoballz is the recruit whisperer there. My boyfriend. Not fucking Arroyo.

Who has the track record? Who's the closer?

MARIO. Say it with me now. M-A-R-I-O.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Wonder if Mario will step down so the Ducks can keep Arroyo and make him the HC.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Wonder if Mario will step down so the Ducks can keep Arroyo and make him the HC.

The possibilities are endless.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

lol fucking christ if Oregon lucks it's way into another upgrade through being poached.

Rich coming from the school that got Sark taken away from them
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

lol fucking christ if Oregon lucks it's way into another upgrade through being poached.

And had Petersen quit
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ramenduck said:

GDS said:

The route tree in this offense is fucking awful. It’s college, it’s not hard to get guys open. I hate Herbert but 1/3 of his drop backs there’s literally no one open.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

ramenduck said:

GDS said:

The route tree in this offense is fucking awful. It’s college, it’s not hard to get guys open. I hate Herbert but 1/3 of his drop backs there’s literally no one open.
    Oregon receivers also drop A LOT of passes. A lot of balls bouncing off shoulder pads ... it's a combo of things.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    ramenduck said:

GDS said:

Something needs to change with the offense. It's just way too predictable and simplistic. It may be that Creeps boytoy Mario has been holding the reins back in which case we? have a bigger problem going forward than who the OC is. I don't buy that the issues on offense this season rest with the players on the field and not on the coaches.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Some innovation and trickery would be nice with the O.
  • Options
    GDS said:

ramenduck said:

GDS said:

Something needs to change with the offense. It's just way too predictable and simplistic. It may be that Creeps boytoy Mario has been holding the reins back in which case we? have a bigger problem going forward than who the OC is. I don't buy that the issues on offense this season rest with the players on the field and not on the coaches.
    First of all, talk shit about my boy M-A-R-I-O, and it's 7-11 time. And I'm not kidding.

Secondly, if the guy can make good on his promise to be physical and run the ball, you should want that because it will put you in position to own this shit ball of a conference. Washington had MMG and, as I predicted, fell like a lead balloon when he graduated even though they had the elite terrorist.

Thirdly, Oregon has pretty pedestrian skill position guysms. That's just a fact. Redd is a gamer and a great player to have, but is hardly an every down target. Who else is there? There was a reason why Herbie went to Mitchell 99/100 when he was still there.

I don't dispute whatever issue you have with Arroyo. I don't pay a lot of attention to scheme, so I'll take your word for it. But if the HC can continue to recruit well and has the personnel to run a simple offense, then you'll have won the war.

If you're counting on finding just the right guy to call brilliant plays all the time, then you'll be the Washington Huskies of Oregon: stuck in a pergatory of constantly bitching about your offensive coordinator as the real reason your team is mediocre.
  • Options
    TheBounceLivesTheBounceLives Member Posts: 42
    We need to lay down in the endzone and pretend to be grass so we can be tricksy like Peterson. Then we’ll have truly arrived with the big boys of CFB.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    They’ll loose Wilson but will probably replace him with a few guys on defense. Not to be what have you done for me lately but most of the stuff I’ve read about Wilson’s year have been less than spectacular. Pretty deep at WR, now TE that’s another story.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

And had James quit
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @YouKnowIt

That didn't fit the context

Be better
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Also, I'm hearing: ... as their new OC. Don't twist, that's just what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW was stoked when Smith went to OSU. Then even More pumped about the hire.... then hated everything even more.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

UW was stoked when Smith went to OSU. Then even More pumped about the hire.... then hated everything even more.

We were excited at the prospect of getting a better OC than Smith when Smith left for OSU. It turns out that our old WR coach who was popular with recruits turned out to be worse.