Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario Cristobal’s Oregon Ducks didn’t back down -- against Utah or Auburn

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    A LOADED Oregon team playing with 22 senior starters and still dropped a game in the Pac, which is down this year.

Color me unimpressed.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    Oregon might not have backed down from Auburn, but they still lost. Utah, sure, but Utah wasn't as good as people thought. Huntley proved he isn't a great thrower, and Oregon sold out on the run.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,411
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You can only win the league you are in. And that league will always suck when your non rival wins it

Same as it ever was

North 8, South 1

Stanford and Oregon at 3 titles, UW at 2

Nobody would have predicted that when the league was formed despite Oregon and Stanford being good when it was
  • Options

Oregon might not have backed down from Auburn, but they still lost. Utah, sure, but Utah wasn't as good as people thought. Huntley proved he isn't a great thrower, and Oregon sold out on the run.

Because they listened to me and did what you should do against Utah: limit Moss (which they did much more completely than I would have guessed) and make Huntley beat you.
  • Options

You can only win the league you are in. And that league will always suck when your non rival wins it

Same as it ever was

North 8, South 1

Stanford and Oregon at 3 titles, UW at 2

Nobody would have predicted that when the league was formed despite Oregon and Stanford being good when it was

Let's see how Criscoballz does when Sark's Taggart's Helfrich's recruits are gone.

That's what Fatters told me to think about.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I said this all fucking year here and Twitter.

Everyone thought Utah was amazing. One of you dumb shits said they were the best Pac 12 team since the 2014 ducks. 2016-18 UW beat this same team like a rented mule.

This year proved without a doubt that you must recruit like a motherfucker and market your program above all else.

4 year tryhard sqwads including UW and Utah just ain't gonna cut it going forward.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    haie said:

Everyone thought Utah was amazing. One of you dumb shits said they were the best Pac 12 team since the 2014 ducks. 2016-18 UW beat this same team like a rented mule.

This year proved without a doubt that you must recruit like a motherfucker and market your program above all else.

4 year tryhard sqwads including UW and Utah just ain't gonna cut it going forward.
    I only predicted Oregon losing to Ute because Oregon was fading down the stretch and playing like ass; not because I thought Ute was good. I sure as shit didn't buy "best defense in the country" line of bullshit, which is why I said Oregon would win if they didn't put the game in Herbert's hands and ran the ball down their fucking throats because they have the line to do it. And I didn't think their offense was that great and thus said stop Moss and make Huntley beat you, which I didn't think he could do because (1) I don't think he's that good, (2) Utah's receivers are not great (certainly not in ASU's or USC's league) and (3) Oregon has good DBs.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    haie said:

Try hard squads are definitely not going to cut it to maintain consistent success. However, if your goal is to win the occasional conference title, then fine. But honestly if that is the goal, then those fans need to find a new team. That's no way to go through life.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    haie said:

That was me on Utah. I’m never wrong but this year I was on just about everything.

Except Herbert.

As for the other shit on here. Winning the league is job one every year no matter how you get there or who the fucks in it or how good those fucks are.

Losing to ASU was a fucking disgrace especially how it all unfolded. But this is not a team that was ever going to win a playoff game anyway. Once the north was clinched the ASU OSU games hardly mattered except which of tOSU, Clemson or LSU was going to smash our heads in by and the dumb cunts played like it.

This oregon team is a Rose Bowl qualifying team at best. And they’ve done that. I don’t think they are any better than that. Hard to complain about a season where they reached maximum potential.

Yes they have 22 seniors but this is how good those seniors are.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

I only predicted Oregon losing to Ute because Oregon was fading down the stretch and playing like ass; not because I thought Ute was good. I sure as shit didn't buy "best defense in the country" line of bullshit, which is why I said Oregon would win if they didn't put the game in Herbert's hands and ran the ball down their fucking throats because they have the line to do it. And I didn't think their offense was that great and thus said stop Moss and make Huntley beat you, which I didn't think he could do because (1) I don't think he's that good, (2) Utah's receivers are not great (certainly not in ASU's or USC's league) and (3) Oregon has good DBs.
    Agree Oregon faded hard down the stretch, in hindsight though, once we (?) clinched the north I wouldn’t be surprised if Oregon was working 50% on Utah stuff during practice. The civil war week Oregon May have only prepared for Utah. They knew they could play like ass, run the same 3 plays, and still beat the beavs