Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump's Big Healthcare Wiin

Comments

• Stop Americans from getting screwed with prescription drug prices, then I’ll be impressed.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    It’s going to be interesting to see the numbers when they come out in a lot of ways. Think it’s going to be a bigger deal than people realize.

Also wonder if it going to push people towards surgical centers for standard procedures...think they will be able to control costs more and will have the easiest ability to drop prices.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    First step to competition
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So when someone is in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Are they going to have menus from three different places? Like asking whether you want McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

It’s going to be interesting to see the numbers when they come out in a lot of ways. Think it’s going to be a bigger deal than people realize.

Also wonder if it going to push people towards surgical centers for standard procedures...think they will be able to control costs more and will have the easiest ability to drop prices.

It will be helpful to see the prices and differences among providers.

Much like procedures that aren’t covered by insurance, price competition will be beneficial to the consumer
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It will be helpful to see the prices and differences among providers.
    On some things. But in general, medical procedures are fairly inelastic. Take my urologist. I chose a cute younger gal with small fingers. I don't give a shit what she costs.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

So when someone is in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Are they going to have menus from three different places? Like asking whether you want McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's?

I only hope yours does so you could waffle away everyone's patience until they drop you at a bus stop.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    edited December 2019
    When you can shop for a procedure process will indeed go down.
    My Canadian friends that come to the US and pay for procedures so they don't have to wait until they're dead shop for those services. The prices vary widely. Makes sense.
    Unless you're HondoBros fucking stupid.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This policy is racist imo
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This policy is racist imo

And NBA players are slaves.