Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete's record against Pac-12 opponents

34-20 regular season, 2-0 in conference championship games. Losing record against Oregon, Stanford, and ASU. Undefeated against WSU and OSU. Given the state the program is in, Lake should do better.

North
Cal: 3-3
Oregon: 2-4
Oregon State: 6-0
Stanford: 2-4
Washington State: 6-0

South
Arizona: 3-1
Arizona State: 2-3
Colorado: 4-1 (Includes P12CG)
UCLA: 2-1
USC: 2-1
Utah: 4-2 (Includes P12CG)

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    those losing records are one of the reasons i am happy he stepped down, now i patiently wait for Lake
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

I still don't understand what happened in the ASU '17 and (especially) Stanford '19. The entire team was completely DOA.

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    For coaching evaluation purposes, not sure I would include his first 2 years while he was trying to build the program.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

I still don't understand what happened in the ASU '17 and (especially) Stanford '19. The entire team was completely DOA.

ASU in 2017 was the loss that pissed me off the most. We were great in 2016, undefeated up to that game in 2017, and I thought we would roll them.

Even when we were losing in the first half, I thought it was a matter of time until we got a turnover and went on a run.

Pathetic offensive showing and we haven’t really been the same since.
    That's a good poont.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    What was his bowl game record again?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

ASU in 2017 was the loss that pissed me off the most. We were great in 2016, undefeated up to that game in 2017, and I thought we would roll them.

Even when we were losing in the first half, I thought it was a matter of time until we got a turnover and went on a run.

Pathetic offensive showing and we haven’t really been the same since.
    That's a good poont.
    It was the start of paralysis by fear. Pete got sick of Vizcaino, trots Von Sodemize out there instead and he misses an 18 yarder. Seemed like that was when we started clenching up, second guessing, and trying to be perfect.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    Gladstone said:

Chris Petersen offense. We just could not get points in the asu or the tree game
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Petersen should have done better. After 2016 he should not have lost to Cal or Oregon in 17 and 18

Stanford is well Stanford

You can, should and did lose to Oregon in 2018 and 2019. That's normal for Washington. A return to the mean was inevitable.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Petersen should have done better. After 2016 he should not have lost to Cal or Oregon in 17 and 18

Stanford is well Stanford

You can, should and did lose to Oregon in 2018 and 2019. That's normal for Washington. A return to the mean was inevitable.
    Do you know what “the mean” even means? Trying winning about 18 more in a row and you’ll be at the mean.