Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Currently Watching- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited October 2020 in Yellow Snow's Record Shoppe
I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. I bought the trilogy and was excited to watch it. The first one fucking blows. What a pile of shit. How did a sequel ever get made? Just awful.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    (Something needs to replace College Doog's Friday Football Forecast...)
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. I bought the trilogy and was excited to watch it. The first one fucking blows. What a pile of shit. How did a sequel ever get made? Just awful.

Perhaps it was a time and a place kind of thing. Movie kicked total ass when it came out. The trilogy is odd in that the 3rd one was the best. That rarely happens.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The trilogy is great. Don't bother to see Crystal Skull though.

Swaye said:

Perhaps it was a time and a place kind of thing. Movie kicked total ass when it came out. The trilogy is odd in that the 3rd one was the best. That rarely happens.
    This might be a good call. Raiders had a lot of CGI that probably looks terrible now. I agree Last Crusade was the best. Temple of Doom was probably better than Raiders, too.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Indiana Jones rocks. Yeah the 1st one is the worst one. Number 2 is pretty fucking weird and cool. Number 3 is the best.
    Founders Club
    I am trying to think of other trilogies where the last one was the best. An argument could be made for Lord of the Rings. Others? Star Wars is obviously Empire. Mad Max is obviously The Road Warrior (duh). Those are both second movies. Jaws was the first one, and it's not close. People argue The Godfather, but it's always between 1 and 2, not 3.

Thoughts?
    Swaye said:

I am trying to think of other trilogies where the last one was the best. An argument could be made for Lord of the Rings. Others? Star Wars is obviously Empire. Mad Max is obviously The Road Warrior (duh). Those are both second movies. Jaws was the first one, and it's not close. People argue The Godfather, but it's always between 1 and 2, not 3.

Thoughts?

Nolan's Batman is the second one, but it's the rare trilogy where the third one was even worthwhile. The Tobey Maguire Spiderman is a poor man's Godfather, first two were decent, last one turrible. Home Alone is definitely the first one. TMNT was the first or second.

The recent Star Wars trilogy (eps 1, 2 and 3) might qualify if you count it as a trilogy of it's own. You could argue 2 or 3 but it's probably 3, right?

Struggling to think of any besides Indy where the third one was clearly best, good call.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    The new Star Wars all sucked but otherwise good list DNC.

True. But episode 2 and 3 were Romar/Altman level suck, while episode 1 was a Paul Graham level disaster. SOYNTLTD

dnc said:

True. But episode 2 and 3 were Romar/Altman level suck, while episode 1 was a Paul Graham level disaster. SOYNTLTD

I've only watched each one only one time and I will re-watch a ton of shitty movies that appear on T.V. as I'm flipping through.

I'd say episode 2 and 3 were Sark level suck. Not even deserving of Romar/Altman level suck.
    dnc said:

Why do you hate Skyline's newest head basketball coach?
    edited March 2014

I'm all for APAG's movie reviews, but can I suggest to you Puppylove_Sugarsteel's Friday SEC Forecast?
    dnc said:

I'm all for APAG's movie reviews, but can I suggest to you Puppylove_Sugarsteel's Friday SEC Forecast?
    He'll be referencing South Carolina a lot in his preview as he loves the word "cock".
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    APAG has this thread dialed in. All of those movies suck as do 90% of movie franchises. It's really unfortunate that the world has so many comic book geeks who nut over superheroes. Maybe PL SS was right about this board and the revenge of the nerds shit.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Most movies suck. HTH.
    Founders Club
    @dnc Yeah, good call on the second installment of Star Wars. All three were a grotesque money grab by Lucas, but of the three steaming piles of shit, the third was the best.

I'm thinking Indiana Jones, Craptastic Star Wars series, and Lord of The Rings. Can't think of anything else. Lord of the Ring is debatable by nerds, and the second Star Wars sucks so fucking bad it hurts. So, I'm just going to go with Indiana Jones is the only trilogy where the third film is the best.

I must be really fucking bored to think about this so much. Or I'm a total fucking loser. Or both. Abundance.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    D3 wasn't bad, but D2 when they faced Iceland was better. You can't talk trilogies without mentioning those great cinematic adventures.

D3 wasn't bad, but D2 when they faced Iceland was better. You can't talk trilogies without mentioning those great cinematic adventures.

Never saw D3. I think there's a decent debate between the original and D2 though.

One trilogy no one's mentioned for obvious reasons is Matrix. Put it in the Jaws category.