Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We should lose this Apple Cup

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club
We are at 6 in a row and we have got to 8 twice only to lose a major AC game. Let's lose one that doesn't matter.

WSU wins right around 3 out of every 10 Apple Cups. Again, get one out of the way now.

People think that WSU is dangerous to the Huskies when something is on the line and that is all due to Choke Nelson in 1982. That year and the year after are the only times WSU has knocked UW out of the Rose Bowl.

On the other hand UW owns WSU with something on the line for both teams. As we have seen in 1981 and recently. The Snow Bowl in 92 stopped nothing for UW. We had already lost to Arizona and were going to the Rose Bowl anyway. In 97 the Cuogs danced on the W but the Huskies had nothing to play for other than Brock's 6 fucking interceptions.

This is a meaningless game to both sqwads. An ideal one to give away.

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,172
    i have cuog associates whomst are saying 'this year is gonna be different!'

its meaningless for uw and always the biggest game of the season for cuog.

this team has completely mailed it in and are probably 'looking forward' to the sun bowel.

with that all said, it probably means our? offense is going to put up 50+ while the defense pitches a shutout. we? should be leaving the game pumped but in reality, will be questioning 'where was this all season?'

#script
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam
    Coug will be pumped for this game. Doog will not be. 6-9 win wheat victory.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    According to CougFarm, UW spends 15 minutes of each practice during the season preparing for the Air Raid specifically. our DAWGS will be ready!
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803

I hope we? lose. I’m in full “burn the village in order to save it” mode.

I hate this feeling. It certainly isn't the 'Lose every MFing game this year you stupid MFers for retaining Try', but it is close in the sense that something bad needs to happen so Pete makes a change. If this season doesn't mark that, the moment failure arises (from items not fixed) next season will be scorched earth for many fans. With Michigan out of the gate I imagine we'll know very quickly.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter

I think the worst thing that can happen for the program is we destroy WSU with a big offensive performance followed by another in the bowl game. I’m not rooting to lose, but some offensive struggles but wins is the best case scenario IMO.

Exactly. Just to clarify I’m not rooting against the Huskies in the AC, but I don’t think winning the game (as Roadie says) is going to help. If anything, it will hurt the program in the long run.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Fuck all of you guys and your 3D chess. Beat 'em down. Talk shit that even in a down year we roll your redneck asses. Pete has the decoder key for the air raid and Leach is too stubborn to do what every team who's beaten us this year has done - run the ball. And that's despite having a solid, durable, running back.
  • I want us to win just so we can talk shit that we own them even in a down year.

But the way Petersen is playing this year, I suspect we lose.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Imagine losing the AC and bowl game ending the season with a losing record. Then going into next year with only two good home games.

The student section will be empty with 50,000 fans. They couldn't even fill the stadium against Oregon this year.

Jen Cohen will start navigating bumpy waters if they drop the next two. If Leech is gonna get one this is the year. The players will see a bowl game as a punishment having 10 more practices with this staff.

Not to mention trying to get grumpy ass, Pete, to be relatable with the fans and media. He only seems to get excited about fancy coffee and a boat commute to work.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

According to CougFarm, UW spends 15 minutes of each practice during the season preparing for the Air Raid specifically. our DAWGS will be ready!

It’s half the practice actually