Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woodinville vs Kennedy Catholic game thread

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FirePete said:

Kennedy defense collapses like I predicted. Fuck off BTP.

How are you dialed in on Washington HS football?
    Kennedy gave up a shitload of points the past few years. Why would this year be any different?
    Why do you know this?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2019
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kennedy gave up a shitload of points the past few years. Why would this year be any different?
    Why do you know this?
    I follow Sam Huard to an extent and every game they are winning 52-35 or 49-38. Once you aren’t playing a terrible team, you can’t give up that many or you lose.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Wait till his hudl comes out...

He’s going to be good. Joe Tryon had like 2 sacks his senior year in HS. He has 6 this year and should of had 7 (fuck you josiah)

This is the problem with you fucks. People are actually attending games and watch these players yet you guys get geeked out over 4 min highlight videos.
    This. Smalls is a raw piece of clay. He's got an amazing toolbox. He is a good kid, raised by great parents. I've seen him play twice in person. Quite honestly, he plays like a JAG most of the time. Just when you think he's a bust he makes a WOW play.

I'm sure his Hudl will pop but it's the other 90% of the plays you don't see that make you go hmmm.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

He’s going to be good. Joe Tryon had like 2 sacks his senior year in HS. He has 6 this year and should of had 7 (fuck you josiah)

This is the problem with you fucks. People are actually attending games and watch these players yet you guys get geeked out over 4 min highlight videos.
    This. Smalls is a raw piece of clay. He's got an amazing toolbox. He is a good kid, raised by great parents. I've seen him play twice in person. Quite honestly, he plays like a JAG most of the time. Just when you think he's a bust he makes a WOW play.

I'm sure his Hudl will pop but it's the other 90% of the plays you don't see that make you go hmmm.
    In a parallel universe I would love to see him coached by Pete Carroll
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,139 Founders Club
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Why do you know this?
    If you pay casual attention to high school football, this is easy to know. For all the #myLancers, I don’t follow the games and only know their record because of this bored and twatter. And 81% of the reason it’s discussed here or twatter is because Kennedy has half dozen or more college players on the team.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

Physical talent> shitty white 5”7 try-hard on Woodinville in college. NOC about HS football results.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    Baseman said:

And Kwat can coach. He’ll be good. Just get players with amazing toolboxes and develop them.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Physical talent> shitty white 5”7 try-hard on Woodinville in college. NOC about HS football results.
    You are The Black Knight
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

Kennedy will get beat. I don’t follow high school ball too closely but their defense is still suspect.

Casually looking at what they've given up, their defense is better than last year, but by no means lights out. Derek probably gets to cover a winter track meet.

Woodinville 55, Kennedy Catholic 42. Final.

I was right.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,341

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

Nobody who watches him has been wowed since his sophomore year. He’s a decent recruit.
    I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?
    Well... before the game the entire Woodinville team was clustered together at about midfield. Smalls walks over by himself to his 40 yard line and pulls a Cam Newton and just stands there alone and gives Woodinville a hard stare for a full minute. None of the Woodinville players seemed to pay him any mind.

Then Woodinville took the opening drive right down the field and scored. And before you know it, it's 28-0 Woodinville. And I'm watching Smalls... He's physically imposing, looks like a man among boys. He's fast and strong... But he took plays off. He would try really hard one play, and then seemed to coast on the next play. He almost looked a little lazy to be blunt.

So I don't know... I kind of got the same feeling watching him that I did back when I saw Jacob Sirmon play QB for Bothell. Just kind of like, really physically imposing kid, lots of athletic gifts... But, meh.

It's just one game so it might not be fair to judge his entire persona on that. But from what I saw tonight I don't understand the justification for the 5 star rating.
    Fuck yes that’s awesome

It’s awesome if you’re good. It’s troublesome when you get dominated all night long after doing that.

Seems like he was hardly the problem lol
    Joey Johnson rushed for 198 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    And? One kid can’t play all 11 spots?
    Did I say or imply that?

You posted a tweet about Smalls taking down a 5'6" kid with one arm. I countered that by saying the 5'6" kid ran for 198 yards and 2 TDs.
    Do I care about what some shitty little white try hard kid at Woodinville? Not really. Don’t even know who is.

Point is Sav’ell is physically rare. Kwat can coach. He’ll be good.
    As opposed to an asian try hard, or black try hard? Trans try hard. BTP try hard?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,341

You are The Black Knight
    I'm pretty sure that BTP gave @Dennis_DeYoung shared access to his account.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

No shit. It’s still a precursor to college. Same as college for the NFL. The guys that do really well at that the level they are playing at tend to do better when they take the next step.

I know Smalls has talent. We were led to believe he’s a program altering talent and I’m simply saying his production does not match that.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,118
    Did Smalls play this year?
  • KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 337
    Most important recruit in my lifetim