Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dana Altman

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'll give Altman a W for the year. A Sweet 16 followed by a first round win is good for every Pac-12 program outside of Tucson.

It wasn't the NC run Quooks were predicting after beating up on bad teams early on but it's a successful season overall. If all of the potential recruits get in for next season the expectations should be to get to a round with a cool name.

I would take Altman over Romar, but I could see valid points for both on either side.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

I'll give Altman a W for the year. A Sweet 16 followed by a first round win is good for every Pac-12 program outside of Tucson.

It wasn't the NC run Quooks were predicting after beating up on bad teams early on but it's a successful season overall. If all of the potential recruits get in for next season the expectations should be to get to a round with a cool name.

I would take Altman over Romar, but I could see valid points for both on either side.

I would take Altman over Romar too. Romar had talent that very few Pac 12 teams have had since. There are very few Brandon Roy's, let alone teams with Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson, and 3-4 other All Conference players. Isaiah, Brockman, and Pondexter on the same team? No conference team has that kind of top 3 this year.

Romar had elite talent. The only argument one could make against that was he didn't have a great big man, but Brockman and MBA were both pretty good, especially Brockman. I think the vast majority of coaches could have achieved what Romar has.