Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A must read for you Duckies

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Many of them were getting paid moron. Huskies were big cheaters whether you like it or not. It is part of your history.😂😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2019
    The OP acts like a jilted lover and posts an add for a morality book on college athletics. Quooks take the bait and talk about UW cheating in 1955. Another Husky comes on board to defend that....kill this thread.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019
    Corky Lewis said he got $50 per month for playing per this article.
    It might not seem like a lot but our house payment back then was $74 per month.

“I got $50 a month," Lewis said. "It was him that did it." (Coach Cherborg)

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Cowboy-Johnny-and-the-outlaws-of-Montlake-1190911.php
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

DJDuck said:

I’m old enough to remember when the Huskies didn’t need a sugar daddy. They just paid their footbal players. :D

Name one
    The only running back Washjngton has in the HOF. He said as much.
    I knew you couldn’t name one
    I did. You just don't know much about Washington football apparently.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry that UW cheating resulted in a championship and Oregon cheating resulted in a couple losses.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    I think @flatus misconstrued my remarks

Doogs have been whining about Knight since 1995 as the UW program crumbled. I would have traded Bill Gates for Knight in a heartbeat.

We got NERDS who hate sports.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Doogs have been whining about Knight since 1995 as the UW program crumbled. I would have traded Bill Gates for Knight in a heartbeat.

Ok, I did misconstrue your comments slightly, but not entirely.

A large part of UW becoming Oregon's bitch was, and still is, arrogance. Nobody, including you, thought that Oregon could ever compete with UW in the long-run. It was just brief disruption of normalcy and all the natural order of the PAC-10 would take care of itself.

Instead of responding to Oregon's aggressive moves in athletics, UW sat back and tried to autofellate, brag about 1/2 Nattys, spew on and on about the all-time series record, then it was pop-off and win a Rose Bowl, then it was pop-off and play for a Natty, then it was pop-off an win a playoff game, and now it's pop-off and win a CFB Playoff Championship. A huge part of your base still thinks UW and USC will eventually rise back to the top and be dominant for decades, based on your history.

History died with 85 player schollie limit and the NCAA getting serious about sanctions for paying players (outside the SEC).

Oregon could have fallen back to the depths of the P12, but nobody at Oregon was arrogant enough to think we? could weather more than a year or two of sub-500 football. Thank god they fired Slingblade. Thank god for 70-21 (again, total arrogance, thank you!). Thank god for Willie Taggart bringing an all-star coaching staff with him and leaving behind everyone who was worth a shit one year later.

And, yes, thank god for Phil Knight.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    flatus said:

A large part of UW becoming Oregon's bitch was, and still is, arrogance. Nobody, including you, thought that Oregon could ever compete with UW in the long-run. It was just brief disruption of normalcy and all the natural order of the PAC-10 would take care of itself.

Instead of responding to Oregon's aggressive moves in athletics, UW sat back and tried to autofellate, brag about 1/2 Nattys, spew on and on about the all-time series record, then it was pop-off and win a Rose Bowl, then it was pop-off and play for a Natty, then it was pop-off an win a playoff game, and now it's pop-off and win a CFB Playoff Championship. A huge part of your base still thinks UW and USC will eventually rise back to the top and be dominant for decades, based on your history.

History died with 85 player schollie limit and the NCAA getting serious about sanctions for paying players (outside the SEC).

Oregon could have fallen back to the depths of the P12, but nobody at Oregon was arrogant enough to think we? could weather more than a year or two of sub-500 football. Thank god they fired Slingblade. Thank god for 70-21 (again, total arrogance, thank you!). Thank god for Willie Taggart bringing an all-star coaching staff with him and leaving behind everyone who was worth a shit one year later.

You sound bitter

And you have no idea what I thought or think

Little bro
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    In this thread, everything back to normal.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

flatus said:

You sound bitter

Little bro
    1 Rose Bowl win in 30 years. (20 years ago)

“Big Brother”

😂
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

flatus said:

You sound bitter

Little bro

“Big Brother”

😂
    If he wants to act like little brother I'm not going to stop him
  • Options

flatus said:

You sound bitter

Little bro

“Big Brother”

😂
    If he wants to act like little brother I'm not going to stop him
    Fair play
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    flatus said:

In all fairness, most of the "natural order of the Pac 10" doogs are dead or at doogman, which is the same thing. Everything you see here that looks like that is an act. Washington being really shitty for a really long time cured most people of that old idea.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

flatus said:

In all fairness, most of the "natural order of the Pac 10" doogs are dead or at doogman, which is the same thing. Everything you see here that looks like that is an act. Washington being really shitty for a really long time cured most people of that old idea.
    Race still believes in the ordained supremacy
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Sorry that UW cheating resulted in a championship and Oregon cheating resulted in a couple losses.

*-half. Apparently fractions were skipped at WSU-Vantucky as well
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

*-multiple. Apparently history and logic were skipped at WSU as well
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

*-half. Apparently fractions were skipped at WSU-Vantucky as well
    Naw. It's a whole trophy.