Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LV Bunkley-Shelton, 2020 4* WR, Gardena (Junipero Serra), CA (Offered)

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

I think the coaches are confident they get Rome and are going all or nothing on Bryant. If Bryant wants to be a Dawg... great. If not, we are more than happy with 3. Gee is the unknown.

I hope this is the case. Would rather use that spot on a lineman or athletic linebacker if there is anyone worth pursuing.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dawgs206 said:

I think the coaches are confident they get Rome and are going all or nothing on Bryant. If Bryant wants to be a Dawg... great. If not, we are more than happy with 3. Gee is the unknown.

I agree with this.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

Gee is not the unknown. W is for the west coast and only the west coast.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

dawgs206 said:

And he publicly said he’s 2000% committed. I don’t think you can get more committed than that.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Meek said:

dawgs206 said:

And he publicly said he’s 2000% committed. I don’t think you can get more committed than that.
    Long time lurker, 6th time poster.

Been thinking about this Gee thing. Here’s what CP said in that Caple interview last week about recruiting kids committed elsewhere

“So when a kid’s firm (to another school), that’s when we back off. For the most part, if we’re recruiting a kid who commits to wherever, hey, good luck to him, all that kind of stuff. And then we get word, hey, he’s thinking about — he’s not so sure about this anymore. OK, is everybody knowing this, (that) he’s going to go take some trips? It’s going to get out. It’s going to get out if one of our guys takes a trip. Well, you’re not committed to us anymore. I’d say the same thing in reverse.

Like, we’re not going to be calling, “Hey, you need to …” But if a kid is committed somewhere else, then we get word, “Hey, he’s re-thinking this thing.” And then the same thing with us. I would just want the kid to tell us. And I’d also want him to slow down on the front end, which they usually do. That’s why we don’t have a ton of the flip-flopping.”

So using this logic, wouldn’t we only have offered Gee if, in Pete’s exact words, we got word, “Hey, he’s re-thinking this thing”?

EWIWBI. Did I do that right?
    Fair poont. I think Gee's been back to Colonbus (lol) at least once since the offer, so I think that's all buttoned back up again.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Domicillo said:
    Don't fuck with me. This guy would be an amazing nickel/FS, but he has said he prefers WR.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

2001%
    2002%
    2003%
    2004%
    2005%
    2006%
    2007%
    2008%
    2009%
    2010%
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001%
    2002%
    2003%
    2004%
    2005%
    2006%
    2007%
    2008%
    2009%
    2010%

It's the Law of Diminishing Commitment Returns ....
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This dude still has a committable offer?? Maybe I see taking Gary Bryant or Gee and pushing Soyboi to LB... But how we making this dude's top 6?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

This dude still has a committable offer?? Maybe I see taking Gary Bryant or Gee and pushing Soyboi to LB... But how we making this dude's top 6?

Wow r we really going for 4th?? Is someone selling their couch
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Doubt it. Kids include teams they dont have a commitable offer from in their top schools all the time. When Banks makes his decision, Bama, tOSU, and UW will all be unwilling finalists
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Doubt it. Kids include teams they dont have a commitable offer from in their top schools all the time. When Banks makes his decision, Bama, tOSU, and UW will all be unwilling finalists
    Banks could be a walk-on at those schools if he really wanted
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Not UW, Banks openly told Biggins we pulled his offer. Which definitely makes me like him more.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    The All-American Bowl Selection Tour made its way to Gardena (Calif.) Serra high school earlier today to present Top247 wide out LV Bunkley-Shelton with his jersey to play in this year’s game.

Bunkley-Shelton is one of the nation's top prospects and is currently rated the No. 196 player nationally in the 247Sports Composite.

He's a player we have been high on since he was just a freshman and he has gotten better and better every year. He's grown and is now in the 6-0 range and has improved his speed and quickness.

He's as polished as any receiver out west and is advanced in terms of his hands and route running. He's a highly competitive player and someone we think can make an early impact at the next level.

Earlier today,Bunkley-Shelton was presented with his All-American Bowl jersey.

"I've always wanted to play in this game ever since I started playing," Bunkley-Shelton said. "When I was a freshman, I went to the Army combine with my WR coach at the time, Chris Calvin. I told him, 'one day, I'm going to play in this game, I'll do whatever it takes to play in it.'

"To have the opportunity now is an incredible feeling. It was a goal of mine and to achieve it means so much. I'm not satisfied though, I'm coming in with something to prove. I want to compete against the best and show I'm one of the best receivers out there and hopefully get my 247 ranking up a bit as well."

Bunkley-Shelton said he has a lot of memories from watching the game over the years.

"I remember Desean Jackson doing the flip in to the end zone," Bunkley-Shelton said. "I remember Amon Ra (St. Brown) just killing everyone and then punting the football in the crowd. I remember seeing Bookie (Brendan Radley-Hiles) locking everyone up and JT (Daniels) slanging the football all over the field. Hopefully I can create some memories of my own."

Bunkley-Shelton is close with a lot of players in the SoCal area and said he's looking forward to playing on the same side in this game.

"I'm excited to play with Darion Green-Warren, that's one of the main ones," Bunkley-Shelton said. "I'm looking forward to playing with Bryce (Young), Gary Bryant, Justin Flowe and Elias (Ricks). I'm not sure what side he's one, east or west but Dwight McGlothern is another guy I'm excited to see out there.

"It's going to be a great time and a lot of fun. It's going to be competitive and I'm ready for that but I'm also looking forward to having a lot of fun in San Antonio with my guys one last time."

On the recruiting front, Bunkley-Shelton just visited Arizona State over the weekend and has three more trip dates locked in.

“ASU was cool, I had a great time,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “I visited over the summer but this trip was more about getting to know the campus more and spending more time with the coaches and players. Jack Jack (Jones) was my host and I had a good time with him. He's doing great and loves it at ASU and it was good to be around him."

“The coaches main message was, ‘if you’re good enough, you’ll play early here.’ They play a lot of true freshman, I can see that. They said if you come in and work hard, you’ll play early and that was music to my ears because that’s what I’m all about.”

Bunkley-Shelton has visits set up with Washington (Dec. 6) and Texas (Dec. 13) and a tentative date with USC for (Nov. 23).

“The USC date gets moved around and I still need to lock that one in,” Bunkley-Shelton said. “They mentioned the December 6th date too but it’s not really a big deal. I’ve been going to USC my whole life so whether it’s in-season or after, it doesn’t really matter for me.

“I’m excited to see Washington and Texas again. I visited both over the summer and loved both schools. I’m not going to sign until February but I will be making my commitment at the All-American game January 4. So I could take more visits if I wanted to but I’m not planning to do that. Once I commit, that will be it, I’m shutting it down until I sign.”
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like he’s waiting for the USC coaching decision to play out and will likely go there.