Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lineups and Rotations

ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Interested if, how early, and how often we see the super sized lineup that sparked the run against Baylor going forward.

Bey
Naz
Jaden
Hameir
Stewart

That's without a doubt the best defensive lineup we can put on the floor. Naz and Jaden both played the top and wings of the zone at times against Baylor and I like both looks. Jaden at the top is insane length and limits any passing lanes, but he's able to help protect the rim and snag boards when they have him on the wing/corner. Insane length everywhere that will cause every team in the country issues.

It might end up being the most efficient offensive 5 as well if Bey can just bring the ball up the court. It allows Jaden to be ball dominant, Stewart space on the interior, spot up shooters in Naz and Bey, and Hameir can just chill in the corner and not fuck anything up.

Comments

• Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Obviously Quade is a really important piece and he'll be a better shooter than he showed against Baylor, but I wonder if he's better suited as a 6th man that can carry the offense when McDaniels sits. Both players need the ball in their hands to maximize their value, and I don't know how well they complement each other.

The offense in the first half against Baylor was all around ugly, so idk how much stock to put in any of it. They came out and ran a high PnR look between Quade and Hameir with Stewart on the block. In theory this is a decent set, but in game it looked awful. Wright's screens were ineffective which resulted in Quade dribbling 15 seconds off the clock 35 feet from the hoop while Jaden and Naz stood around. Most of these possessions ended up with a really forced shot near the end of the clock. The court seemed tiny and spacing was awful. Again, entire first half was like a bad pick up run, so drawing conclusions is shaky, but they'll have to clean that up to make that lineup work.