Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW in worse trouble than we thought

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,432 Swaye's Wigwam
It's over. Burn it all down.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,962 Founders Club

It’s a German company. Of course they have some weird shit that is non athletic. The kids and myself stopped wearing athletic gear a long time ago.

THIS KRAUT BASHING WILL NOT STAND!!!!!

WE ARE NOT WEIRD!!!!!!1
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,432 Swaye's Wigwam

Uh, what are you doing searching the Women’s section @UW_Doog_Bot?

Duh, wife showed me these and we had a good belly laugh at how awful the Adidas selections have been.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    I really hate fashion threads
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    If we are here to shit on Adidas then I'm fucking out. Go post on some other blog. I thought this post was about shit relevant to Husky Football, now I have to pay money for reading this post. FYFMFE
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Note: Showed this to my wife (laughing)... White version modeling by a gender-fluid post op Women's USA soccer player. Her comment; ohhhhhhhh, pockets. The sleeves are too short though.

JFC I married a fukin doog.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

I told you faggots not to get into bed with Eurotrash Ex-Nazis. But you wouldn't listen because "Uncle Phil".

Why do Huskies hate a good American success story?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

I told you faggots not to get into bed with Eurotrash Ex-Nazis. But you wouldn't listen because "Uncle Phil".

I wanted under armour because they did a good job for Cal and Notre Dame.

I don't know who's screaming about Nike, I wouldn't have cared had UW stuck with them. They were just meh for a long time and it wasn't getting better.
    haie said:

I don't know who's screaming about Nike, I wouldn't have cared had UW stuck with them. They were just meh for a long time and it wasn't getting better.
    Maybe more from doog corners. The more paranoid of them thought Nike was purposefully trying to fuck UW's look. The others just didn't want to be associated with a supplier who supplies Oregon ... or whatever.

I think all programs have to own some responsibility for this no matter who the vendor may be. If a vendor is selling you something you don't like, you have to tell them. How hard would it have been for the AD or someone in marketing to say, "hey, Nike. We like the stuff. Appreciate being aligned with a NW company and our contract doesn't suck. That said, we would prefer that your creative team shift their approach and get us back to a more traditional look. Scrap the tan and lilac, and lose the weasel, which looks more feline than canine. Take a look at our early 90s unis. Doesn't have to be a carbon copy of that, but use it as a baseline."

Or something. It doesn't have to be confrontational ... in the beginning. But at the end of the day, when Nike or whomever present the staff with an idea, it's up to them to green light it or tell them to go back to the drawing board (literally).
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Maybe more from doog corners. The more paranoid of them thought Nike was purposefully trying to fuck UW's look. The others just didn't want to be associated with a supplier who supplies Oregon ... or whatever.

I think all programs have to own some responsibility for this no matter who the vendor may be. If a vendor is selling you something you don't like, you have to tell them. How hard would it have been for the AD or someone in marketing to say, "hey, Nike. We like the stuff. Appreciate being aligned with a NW company and our contract doesn't suck. That said, we would prefer that your creative team shift their approach and get us back to a more traditional look. Scrap the tan and lilac, and lose the weasel, which looks more feline than canine. Take a look at our early 90s unis. Doesn't have to be a carbon copy of that, but use it as a baseline."

Or something. It doesn't have to be confrontational ... in the beginning. But at the end of the day, when Nike or whomever present the staff with an idea, it's up to them to green light it or tell them to go back to the drawing board (literally).
    UW was and is still a problem. Our Adidas stuff is a very watered down, possibly even lazy attempt to get the kids to think we're super cool. The "Here to Create", urban youth hipster bullshit campaign sucks and the home colors look bluish on TV. Without the full shoulders from the previous uniforms they don't even look much different.

The whole thing is more of a failed copycat of Oregon's branding than the black alts and chrome lids everyone bitched about during the Sark era.

Failing to bring back any husky logo, even just the 91 one is a massive fucking failure.
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Do people realize it isn’t Nike’s or adidas’ fault that UWs unis And gear are just “meh”? The apparel companies don’t just ship the AD and bookstore jerseys and clothing and say “here”. They work with the AD and marketing to determine what they want the jerseys to look like, the ADs appetite for more unique styles, which releases the school wants to opt in to etc.

The reason your uniforms are mediocre and your Fan gear sucks is because the AD and marketing teams dgaf about making it good
    That's what he's saying.