Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nick Herbig, 4* 2020 OLB, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (Offered 9/27/18)

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DHD said:

Well there you have it ... Herbig is clearly not OKG ... dodged a bullet not getting that kid.

Trust the coaches!!

(Sarcasm alert.)

In all seriousness, we wanted both of them. Bob Gregory just royally fucked it up. If that guy has a job come January I'm going to hang myself with a belt.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Honestly, bob gregory gets all the grief.

But what exactly is it about him that makes him such a terrible recruiter?

- he's lazy?
    - he's not approachable?
    - he's not funny?
    - he's evil?
    - he smells?
    - he has bad foot fungus and he insists on wearing open toe sandals when on recruiting visits?
    - he has bad halitosis and insists on french kissing recruit's sisters? And mom's?

But seriously, does he have a gift for surviving or what? What's up with Bobby Gregory? I don't understand. Sonics?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020
    FML. Just had to post that. Didn’t you.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

- he's lazy?
    - he's not approachable?
    - he's not funny?
    - he's evil?
    - he smells?
    - he has bad foot fungus and he insists on wearing open toe sandals when on recruiting visits?
    - he has bad halitosis and insists on french kissing recruit's sisters? And mom's?

But seriously, does he have a gift for surviving or what? What's up with Bobby Gregory? I don't understand. Sonics?

He obviously is a perv and stairs at mom and little sisters tits.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

- he's lazy?
    - he's not approachable?
    - he's not funny?
    - he's evil?
    - he smells?

He's listed as the assistant hc. Maybe he has veto power everytime he gets fired
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    With McDonald moving to OLB, it means that we took 1 ILB last year (Breuner) and 1 this year (Latu), who has quite a few red flags.
    We took 5 the year before but i'd guess at least 2 transfer out within the next couple years.
    Simply terrible roster management as well.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Big fat church white kid? Pass

animate said:

- he's lazy?
    - he's not approachable?
    - he's not funny?
    - he's evil?
    - he smells?

He has a job because he's known Jimmy for a long time and they are good friends so he like KB has been able to keep his job. The same thing happened with Pete but if Pete had stayed, he was going to fire Bob especially after he lost Nick combined with the terrible ILB play. As far as why he's such a bad recruiter, you just have to talk to him to find out. He is extremely boring, has a weird personality, and is hard to connect with.
    I'm so sad
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Keeping a breathtakingly incompetent coach on staff simply because he's your pal is the hallmark of a great head coach. Jimmy's gonna be a good one!1!
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

guntlove said:

Keeping a breathtakingly incompetent coach on staff simply because he's your pal is the hallmark of a great head coach. Jimmy's gonna be a good one!1!

He’s only breathtakingly chincompetent at 1/2 of his job.
    Which half is that?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

#Bark4Lake #patronLake
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

animate said:

- he's lazy?
    - he's not approachable?
    - he's not funny?
    - he's evil?
    - he smells?

He has a job because he's known Jimmy for a long time and they are good friends so he like KB has been able to keep his job. The same thing happened with Pete but if Pete had stayed, he was going to fire Bob especially after he lost Nick combined with the terrible ILB play. As far as why he's such a bad recruiter, you just have to talk to him to find out. He is extremely boring, has a weird personality, and is hard to connect with.
    Thanks.

Soooooo ... does mean that he's bad guest for my inaugural jenga and JagerMeister pool party next week?

Extremely boring doesn't cut it man.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

animate said:

- he's lazy?
    - he's not approachable?
    - he's not funny?
    - he's evil?
    - he smells?

He’s an older, boring white guy that rock climbs.
    Sounds like HH might be a place for him.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Nick Bolton was national player of the week last week, and I've seen him mocked as a late 1st rounder, although I think that's kind of bullshit. I guess on the plus side Bob is good at evaluating talent, but FML why can't we close any of it.