Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thank God this bullet dodged us

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28008415/ex-nfl-player-kellen-winslow-jr-takes-plea-deal-rape-case

He was a Neuheisel OKG, but thank God his dad wouldn't sign the LOI.

But seriously, I think he's 95% of why Ty happened and why he was so hard to fire.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Emoterman said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28008415/ex-nfl-player-kellen-winslow-jr-takes-plea-deal-rape-case

But seriously, I think he's 95% of why Ty happened and why he was so hard to fire.

He was a stellar TE in college and a pretty good one in the NFL. But for a few serious injuries he could have been a great pro.

The only thing WA dodged was having a great TE to follow Jeremy Stevens.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

He was a stellar TE in college and a pretty good one in the NFL. But for a few serious injuries he could have been a great pro.

Agree. I was so pissed when his dad wouldn't sign the LOI because UW had never had a black head coach then he ended up at Miami, who of course had also never had one.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baphomet said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Agree. I was so pissed when his dad wouldn't sign the LOI because UW had never had a black head coach then he ended up at Miami, who of course had also never had one.
    I thought it was more about the fact that Neuheisel was a union buster player (SCAB) during an NFL strike and WInslow Sr didn't like him for that.
    I thought it was because Rick didn’t have any black coaches.
  • Options
    Baphomet said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

I thought it was more about the fact that Neuheisel was a union buster player (SCAB) during an NFL strike and WInslow Sr didn't like him for that.
    That's what I had heard. Race probably remembers this one pretty well. The other thing is, a lot of people didn't, and don't, like Neuheisel. He's that kind of personality. I personally liked him very much and thought he was an underrated coach. What he did with that 2000 team is something that his critics have to rationalize. Yeah he had a special QB and some underrated defenders, but coaching mattered on that team and he did it well. I also met Rick several times and found him to be an easy guy to like. He's the kind of coach that can generate genuine enthusiasm for a program and was such a breath of fresh air after fatso, who had the personality (and coaching ability) of a wet cardboard box.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought it was because Winslow wanted to go to Miami

I remember all the noise at the time because the other thing Rick did was make us a recruiting school for a while just as the internet was taking off. Perfect storm. Followed the Reggie Williams recruitment like he was my son

The old guard always hated Rick because they loved Lambo and Rick didn't BLEED purple. But the team did appear to get worse the better they recruited.

Deja VU?

Last coach to win a rose bowl and pop off. Tui gets the 4th down vs Oregon. Simple fact.
    Except when he didn't and lost 23-16

And lost in 97 too. 28-31
    Was it at home in 2000? That’s what I thought. Tui gets the 4th down. Big Dick Option Runner.
  • Options

I remember all the noise at the time because the other thing Rick did was make us a recruiting school for a while just as the internet was taking off. Perfect storm. Followed the Reggie Williams recruitment like he was my son

The old guard always hated Rick because they loved Lambo and Rick didn't BLEED purple. But the team did appear to get worse the better they recruited.

Deja VU?

Last coach to win a rose bowl and pop off. Tui gets the 4th down vs Oregon. Simple fact.
    Tui gets the fourth down vs. anyone. Simple fact.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,364
    Swaye's Wigwam

Deja VU?

Was it at home in 2000? That’s what I thought. Tui gets the 4th down. Big Dick Option Runner.
    I was at Autzen that day. Tui played like shit

But as was the case in 2000 he came back late, had the ball with a chance to get to OT, and failed. The other 10 games he didn't fail
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Deja VU?

But as was the case in 2000 he came back late, had the ball with a chance to get to OT, and failed. The other 10 games he didn't fail
    OK Boomer!

I was there too. The Stanford game though...whoa. Big Dick gunslinger.

If I’m being one hundret with y’all, 2000 is the last season I had fun following Husky football. Went to all 13 games. What a year.
    How was 2016 not fun?

I liked 2000 better too because I don’t enjoy college football altogether as much as I did back then. But winning the conference and going to the playoff was fun. It was something new that nobody had experienced because we had sucked for a long time before that.
    We lost 2 games.... didn't win a bowl or pop off. It didn’t feel the same as 2000. 2000 was
    Speshial. I didnt go to the peach bowl. Knew we’d get boat raced. 2016 had lots of wins, but felt like pretenders on the national stage. 2000 was wild.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019

Deja VU?

OK Boomer!

I was there too. The Stanford game though...whoa. Big Dick gunslinger.

If I’m being one hundret with y’all, 2000 is the last season I had fun following Husky football. Went to all 13 games. What a year.
    How was 2016 not fun?

I liked 2000 better too because I don’t enjoy college football altogether as much as I did back then. But winning the conference and going to the playoff was fun. It was something new that nobody had experienced because we had sucked for a long time before that.
    We lost 2 games.... didn't win a bowl or pop off. It didn’t feel the same as 2000. 2000 was
    Speshial. I didnt go to the peach bowl. Knew we’d get boat raced. 2016 had lots of wins, but felt like pretenders on the national stage. 2000 was wild.
    We also put 55 on the cuog that year and forced their RB to quit at halftime and their DE to transfer to UW.

I was drinking mushroom tea and popping off.

2000 WAS spechul!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah but 2000 was a pale imitation of 1991

I did love 2000 and 2016 though

Imagine being a top tier program and having more than 3 years out of 30 that were fun.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I had fun in 2010. Big dick NFL prospect QB. 2nd year corch turning things around I was told. Everything was looking good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I had fun in 2010. Big dick NFL prospect QB. 2nd year corch turning things around I was told. Everything was looking good.
    Until the coach thought he had it all figured out and went on a bender