Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Awfully warm for March, but we are a basketball school let’s doog
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If nowell was back rather than getting drafted around 45 and then getting sent to the G league like I said he would I would say definitely possible...

Without Nowell it’s much more likely we get bounced early out of the tournament. There is no older established core to settle things down or come in clutch when things get TUFF or go crazy like they do in the tourney.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Houhusky said:

If nowell was back rather than getting drafted around 45 and then getting sent to the G league like I said he would I would say definitely possible...

Without Nowell it’s much more likely we get bounced early out of the tournament. There is no older established core to settle things down or come in clutch when things get TUFF or go crazy like they do in the tourney.

Agree... Wtf was he thinking
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Quade
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Nowell made the right call.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Naz Carter is ready to be a legit scorer in the PAC 12.

Nowell would obviously help as a 2nd ball handler, but he’s not so good that he can’t be replaced.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Bey’s going to surprise a lot of people
  • Options
    lol at the people who insisted Nowell was going to be a first round pick last year so he should leave now saying he had to leave to protect his mid second round selection...

Shoot the 3 AND show he can play the hybrid 1/2 when needed. He only showed he could shoot the 3 well enough so he went 43rd.

Last year he didnt get the chance to show he could distribute the ball and run an offense because he was the only competent offensive threat on the team... It was an offense with Dickerson and Crisp as the next highest scorers, lol. The court was tiny and opportunities to show Nowell could distribute to actually good offensive players non existent.

Nowell should have come back to a significantly better team where he would have been playing 28+ mins a game as the lead scorer and ball distributor on a team with a chance to win the Pac12 as a nationally ranked top 10 team and make a deep run in the tournament. He has so much more value to a team if he showed he was a hybrid 1/2 rather than strictly a 2, easy top 25 pick.

Coming back and playing on the team UW will field this year would not have dropped him any lower than he went anyways... More likely, even just a repeat performance on a much better team would have pushed him into the first round.

EWIWNBI because its a hypothetical and he is gone.
  • Options

Naz Carter is ready to be a legit scorer in the PAC 12.

Nowell would obviously help as a 2nd ball handler, but he’s not so good that he can’t be replaced.

I am not nearly as high on Naz as some are here...

A lot of times last year he still looked like a guy trying to out athlete guys on offense like he probably did in high school.

He did seem to play better as the season ended though...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houhusky said:

He got significant guaranteed money and is on the TWolves active roster.

He made the right choice.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

He got significant guaranteed money and is on the TWolves active roster.

He made the right choice.
    He would have more than doubled the guaranteed money coming back for a year and getting into the first round.

Even if he had shown minimal improvement this year he would have got a similar deal anyways.

Very low risk for a much much higher reward.

And he was just called up onto the roster from the G league 3 hours ago because Naz and Teague are both out, its not like he is dressing regularly, he will probably be bounced back the forth the entire year.