Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete's excuse for poor clock management

FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
"we do not want to call a bad play and not score" - time to fire your fuking OC if he does not have 2-min offense plan and move the fucking ball faster. What a fucking loser, why is bush collecting $500k if you worried about moving the ball slowly

Comments

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My take on this is that he has maybe lost confidence in Bush, and so called the timeout to make sure we scored.

• Options
    Baphomet said:

My take on this is that he has maybe lost confidence in Bush, and so called the timeout to make sure we scored.

Fire his ass. He burned a timeout caz the oc ball was moving to slow. Fuck the whole Boise state qb loser treee
  • Options
    I was never a fan of Hamdan as OC. If he was never good enough to win the starting QB job as BSU -- what makes anybody think he will be good enough to be a winning P5 OC.

But I doubt Petersen is the kind of HC to fire an assistant before the end of a season.
  • Options
    Baphomet said:

I was never a fan of Hamdan as OC. If he was never good enough to win the starting QB job as BSU -- what makes anybody think he will be good enough to be a winning P5 OC.

But I doubt Petersen is the kind of HC to fire an assistant before the end of a season.

He should fire Gregory now, then bush after the WSU game
  • Options

Baphomet said:

Not winning the QB job has nothing to do with coaching. A lot of good coaches weren’t good players and vice versa.
    I haven't seen the data -- but everything else being equal, I'd tend to think the guy with the competitiveness to win a starting QB job will be a better coach than a guy that didn't have that competitiveness.

I realize there are exceptions -- but I'd bet that the majority of good coaches were starters at their relative positions -- rather than lifetime backups -- which is what Bush was at BSU.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Hamden’s biggest issue as an OC is that there isn’t really another offensive assistant on staff that has experience to help mentor him through growing pains, be a sounding board, etc

The closest he has is Pete and Pete hasn’t been an OC in 15 years

There’s too much on Pete’s plate to be mentoring an OC directly
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Hamden’s biggest issue as an OC is that there isn’t really another offensive assistant on staff that has experience to help mentor him through growing pains, be a sounding board, etc

Tedfords magic feather
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If this is the case, @FirePete for making an incompetent hire. Fuck all this nepotism bullshitb
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baphomet said:

Baphomet said:

Not winning the QB job has nothing to do with coaching. A lot of good coaches weren’t good players and vice versa.
    I haven't seen the data -- but everything else being equal, I'd tend to think the guy with the competitiveness to win a starting QB job will be a better coach than a guy that didn't have that competitiveness.

I realize there are exceptions -- but I'd bet that the majority of good coaches were starters at their relative positions -- rather than lifetime backups -- which is what Bush was at BSU.

This doesn't make any sense. What does physical ability have to do with calling plays?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Are you sure his excuse wasn't "it's hard..."?