Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Gaskin hid so many of this team's flaws

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
We said it before but It bears mentioning again. This season is a train wreck. And while Eason deserves some criticism, he has played well enough for this team to be 7-2 right now if it was a competent team around him.

We've had the easiest schedule in Mosster's lifetime and we're still 5-4. The situation at linebacker is a crime against humanity. I'm not the least bit mad at Manu or any other player there. They were offered a scholarship and presumably are doing their best and don't wish to be the subject of ridicule. Why are they here to begin with is the question Mike Vorel can explore.

Petersen is where the buck stops. How has this atrocious linebacker situation been allowed to get to this point? How many in game coaching blunders does Pete make every Saturday? I don't think I've ever seen a FBS coach mismanage the clock as poorly as Pete. And the team's lack of fire and killer instinct are a direct reflection of the man leading the troops.

The Pac12 is so utterly pitiful and soft. It was a window of opportunity to win another title. Low hanging fruit. But we completely shit the bed.

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fuck.this.shit
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The PAC 12 is so 'utterly pitiful and soft.' Yet somehow it has two top 9 teams after week 9.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2019

Don’t forget a year of Ross
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We said it before but It bears mentioning again. This season is a train wreck. And while Eason deserves some criticism, he has played well enough for this team to be 7-2 right now if it was a competent team around him.

We've had the easiest schedule in Mosster's lifetime and we're still 5-4. The situation at linebacker is a crime against humanity. I'm not the least bit mad at Manu or any other player there. They were offered a scholarship and presumably are doing their best and don't wish to be the subject of ridicule. Why are they here to begin with is the question Mike Vorel can explore.

Petersen is where the buck stops. How has this atrocious linebacker situation been allowed to get to this point? How many in game coaching blunders does Pete make every Saturday? I don't think I've ever seen a FBS coach mismanage the clock as poorly as Pete. And the team's lack of fire and killer instinct are a direct reflection of the man leading the troops.

The Pac12 is so utterly pitiful and soft. It was a window of opportunity to win another title. Low hanging fruit. But we completely shit the bed.

Didn't a particularly astute poster here make this point repeatedly? I think the response was the elite terrorist.

@backthepack ??? Worried about you man.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2019

The PAC 12 is so 'utterly pitiful and soft.' Yet somehow it has two top 9 teams after week 9.

You're obviously not objective when it comes to Oregon. So I will pose this question: How well would you expect Utah to fare against Alabama? LSU? Auburn? Florida? Ohio State?

If you can't see how this conference is full of dreck, Chris Fetters can't help you.
    No better than any of the other top teams from the PAC 12 the last 3 or so years.

But the DWAG narrative continues.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So did Ross and Pettis
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Browning would like a word
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    BBK did the best job of hiding the flaws of this team. The fact that he got 250 tackles last year whereas all the other ILBs got 5 should've sounded alarm bells.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I actually don't quite look at it as "myles hid flaws" or "John Ross hid flaws" or even "Dante hid flaws" but rather look at how easily you can let a few playmakers be playmakers and it flips so many games. The obsession with playing Opera Singer and giving Manu a make-a-wish season are the 2 glaring ones but then you factor in the coaches thinking their version of the chart is more important than getting the ball to Otton and deciding to put critical conversions in the hands of guys who haven't touched the ball enough (Pleasant, etc)...it's actually nothing more than coaching decisions.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I blame Jommy Lake. He failed to develop a safety so he stole our best linebacker for the spot to divert blame from himself.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

That speaks more to the conference of Champions having one team in ASU having 3 losses and the REST (75% of the Pac-12) each having at least 4.

• Options

You're obviously not objective when it comes to Oregon. So I will pose this question: How well would you expect Utah to fare against Alabama? LSU? Auburn? Florida? Ohio State?

If you can't see how this conference is full of dreck, Chris Fetters can't help you.
    Utah could hang tough with Auburn and Florida, maybe knock off a tOSU team that is due for a headscratching loss, like last year's loss to Purdue. Oregon has a higher ceiling than Utah.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Utah could hang tough with Auburn and Florida, maybe knock off a tOSU team that is due for a headscratching loss, like last year's loss to Purdue. Oregon has a higher ceiling than Utah.
    Utah would get ass blasted by those teams. You're high
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    godawgst said:

That speaks more to the conference of Champions having one team in ASU having 3 losses and the REST (75% of the Pac-12) each having at least 4.

The league is still bad but improving. Seems like a lot of teams are trending in the right direction.
  • Options

Utah would get ass blasted by those teams. You're high
    If Utah can't stay competitive in games vs Auburn or Florida, they have no business being in the top 10.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gaskin the person is amazing and he was a really good RB, but we don’t actually miss him that much.