Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wynden Ho'ohuli, 4* 2021 LB, Mililani (Mililani), HI (Offered 11/4)

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
The DM poster from HI who reported the Tuitele commitment last summer says this kid might be better than Botelho and Herbig already. He also said this kid might be the only player in the next few classes from Hawaii who's good enough to land a UW offer.

https://247sports.com/Player/Wynden-Hoohuli-46081983/
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9651781/5be13d5a0c53750abcb98562

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I see Nansen is the recruiter for SC. Hope he doesn't have any brother issues.
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I happen to know this young man is very high on The Buffs expect to see him in Black And Gold and Silver and Pueter and Tan next year.

• RuffaloSoldierRuffaloSoldier Member Posts: 84
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    That is not what I said it is very unetchical to change peoples word just like Peterson very unethicial
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing he's all Illinois Colorado.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Over the past couple of weeks, things have picked up on the recruiting trail as the Husky coaching staff has begun to, at least slightly, turn their attention toward the 2021 recruiting class and this weekend they will play host to four-star Mililani (Hi.) LB Wynden Ho'ohuli.

During the bye week, Washington defensive line coach Ikaika Malloe dropped by to watch Ho'ohuli and his team take on Kahuku.

"It was cool to see him there on the sidelines," Ho'ohuli told Dawgman.com. "It wasn't a great game for us (they lost 7-3), but he got the chance to see us play against a really good team."

Ho'ohuli said speaking with Malloe has given him a lot of interest in Washington.

"He said he loved watching me play," Ho'ohuli noted. "I had a good game individually (six tackles, three tackles-for-loss and a forced fumble), but it's a team game, so we win together, we lose together, but he talked about what Washington has to offer and what it means to be a Husky, stuff like that, so I am really interested in them and I'm planning to visit this weekend when they play Utah, which is a big game."

Ho'ohuli is one of the leaders on his team, posting over 80 tackles from his linebacker spot and he's versatile enough to be their starting punter as well.

"I just love playing football," Ho'ohuli said with a laugh. "I am good at reading the play and filling gaps. I can get my teammates lined up right and I always know my assignment."

Washington hasn't offered yet, but Arizona, Arizona State, Hawaii, Nebraska, USC and Utah all have and schools like LSU, Boise State, Oregon and Washington State have all been talking to him quite a bit as well.

"It's all new to me, so I'm not really sure where things are going," Ho'ohuli admitted. "I mean, it's all new and I'm just trying to take it in stride and make sure I just keep working on playing ball with my teammates and the rest will sorta take care of itself."

Helping the Huskies' cause is his close relationship with freshman defensive lineman Faatui Tuitele.

"I played (at St. Louis) and then transferred back here (to Mililani), so I got to know him pretty well," Ho'ohuli said. "We're pretty good friends and we talk a lot.

"He loves it there. He said the coaches are amazing and it's got a real family atmosphere up there. He said it's a lot like home, back here, and that I need to get up there and check it out for myself."

Ho'ohuli will be with his family on his trip and we will get his thoughts on the visit once he's left campus.
  • DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Don't let Gregory talk to this kid for one second
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    This kid is a lock to @PurpleBaze ’s UW in Madison
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

"Coach (Bob) Gregory offered me," an excited Ho'ohuli told Dawgman.com on Sunday night. "I got the chance to talk to all of the coaches, but especially coach (Ikaika) Malloe and coach Gregory and then I also got a chance to speak to coach (Chris) Petersen.

"They are all great coaches and they really care about their players. I got a good feeling while I was up there.

"Getting an offer from them is pretty special because they don't send out a lot of offers. That's something that sticks out."

"I know they didn't get the win, but it was a great game and they played hard," Ho'ohuli noted. "The fans were really into the game. They get great support there. The stadium was full and it was loud. That is the most people I've ever seen at a game."

The offer from Washington is the 10th for the talented linebacker, joining the ones he already had from Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon, Washington State, Oregon State, USC, Utah, Hawaii and Nebraska.

"I just love playing football," Ho'ohuli said with a laugh. "I am good at reading the play and filling gaps. I can get my teammates lined up right and I always know my assignment."

Helping the Huskies' cause is his close relationship with freshman defensive lineman Faatui Tuitele.

"I played (at St. Louis) and then transferred back here (to Mililani), so I got to know him pretty well," Ho'ohuli said. "We're pretty good friends and we talk a lot.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

CB by Angulo. I would be more excited but I remember him doing the same thing w/ Botelho and we all know how that ended up. Please just keep Gregory away.

This is a guy that Bob needs to lock up, saying that I have no faith in his ability to do so.
    he committed to UW........in the big ten
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Man, once I read "Gregory" I had an allergic reaction
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

CB by Angulo. I would be more excited but I remember him doing the same thing w/ Botelho and we all know how that ended up. Please just keep Gregory away.

This is a guy that Bob needs to lock up, saying that I have no faith in his ability to do so.
    Malloe is helping right? I would feel a little better if out resident Island Dwag is involved.

Hopefully his connection with Tui helps too
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Malloe is helping right? I would feel a little better if out resident Island Dwag is involved.

Hopefully his connection with Tui helps too
    He is but he also he can only do so much when he's not the recruits position coach.