Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Officially BBall SZN

Looking forward to losing in the sweet sixteen. Who will we hate now that Crisp is gone?

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Getting bounced in the round of 32 will be special
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Looking forward to losing in the sweet sixteen. Who will we hate now that Crisp is gone?

Sorn
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Did Quade ever get his immediate eligibility or was that another broken BTP promise?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,778
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Peterman
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,778
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sorn
    That’s like picking on the retarded kid on the playground.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I imagine a lot of old farts will be screaming if JMac ever takes a play off defensively because he’s a 5 STAR!!!

Otherwise, I assume people will hate Hardy.

Hardy is a good choice. J Mac will probably frustrate at times. Quade too if he doesn’t light it up.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Quade and Hardy have the most to prove and the most opportunities to fail since the ball will run through them.

But since the team will be legit good, I sorta doubt it will get that bad. Although David Crisp and Tony Wroten kind of both throw a wrench in that theory. Justin Denton too for most of his career. UW b-ball fans are super hard on PGs.

Abdul Gaddy.......
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sorn
    That’s like picking on the retarded kid on the playground.
    Are you above that somehow?

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This year is going to be very very special.

Hop fucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Quade and Hardy have the most to prove and the most opportunities to fail since the ball will run through them.

But since the team will be legit good, I sorta doubt it will get that bad. Although David Crisp and Tony Wroten kind of both throw a wrench in that theory. Justin Denton too for most of his career. UW b-ball fans are super hard on PGs.

Abdul Gaddy.......
    Another perfect example.

That just sucks because he was never the same after the injury. And he looked legit right before he got hurt.

Shit I remember people that hated on IT and Venoy.
    I have more insight on Gaddy than probably anyone here. He was always overrated and not much of an athlete. The thing was, he was a really good shooter until his senior year of high school when he revamped his shot.

I was shocked that dumb fuck evaluators actually had him rated higher than Avery Bradley at one point. Anyone who had watched them should have known better. He got a high ranking because of his height. Tall PG’s always get bumped up. He was also young for his grade so that always worked in his favor too.

His shot abandoned him and he wasn’t a good enough athlete to overcome that. If he could have been even a decent shooter he would have been okay.

He was worse after his injury but he was averaging like 8.5 per game and struggled in PAC 12 play. Five star players should be better. It was obvious he was going to be a disappointment from his freshman year.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Abdul Gaddy.......
    Another perfect example.

That just sucks because he was never the same after the injury. And he looked legit right before he got hurt.

I have more insight on Gaddy than probably anyone here. He was always overrated and not much of an athlete. The thing was, he was a really good shooter until his senior year of high school when he revamped his shot.

I was shocked that dumb fuck evaluators actually had him rated higher than Avery Bradley at one point. Anyone who had watched them should have known better. He got a high ranking because of his height. Tall PG’s always get bumped up. He was also young for his grade so that always worked in his favor too.

His shot abandoned him and he wasn’t a good enough athlete to overcome that. If he could have been even a decent shooter he would have been okay.

He was worse after his injury but he was averaging like 8.5 per game and struggled in PAC 12 play. Five star players should be better. It was obvious he was going to be a disappointment from his freshman year.
    I remember getting excited for the commit and people that paid close attention telling me that Bradley was WAAAAY better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Abdul Gaddy.......
    Another perfect example.

I remember getting excited for the commit and people that paid close attention telling me that Bradley was WAAAAY better.
    It really wasn’t even close. Abdul shot up after an AAU season where he had a bunch of good guys around him. His quiet demeanor made evaluators believe he was as steady as they come.