Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kingsley Ah You Suamataia, 2021 4* OL, Orem (HS), UT (Offered 6/22/18)

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Kids are kids. Peterman is fucking up the whole recruiting vibe because of seniority and stupid ass playcalling and personnel decisions straight from Benny Hill.

How do you expect to be recruiting when you lose to Oregon, keep Kingsley's cousin Puka on the bench when he's your best receiver outside of black beast ... While you play fucktard baccelia over and over ...

This shit comes back to bite you in the ass Peterman! Get your shit together. "It's not for everyone" fuck off.

Losing isn't for everyone. Gaining a bad rep isn't for everyone either ... that's why people go elsewhere to winners ...

That doesn't really seem to be why this kid is interested in Oregon over UW.
    How about a small dose of honesty here. The kid looks like he is having a great time in that video. While ours look like manikins next to the cardboard cutout. It would be nice if Pete remembered that kids play this game for fun and loosened up a couple of degrees. Then again. This program isn't for everybody.
    That kind of stuff might be attractive to some kids, but not all. I think there needs to be a small reality accepted that not every kid will want to go to UW regardless of how Pete sells the program. You can't change your sales pitch based on who you're selling to every time you contact a recruit. Or, maybe you can and that's how you end up making 400 offers each cycle.

I'm not a recruiting expert at all, but people need to accept that we are never going to get every kid we want regardless of what Pete does or does not do.
    Oh I get that. My comment was based more on what appears to be a pretty buttoned up UW football culture. It is okay for kids to have some fun. Jeez if you can't get a little loose at a recruiting photo shoot then what the hell? I think Oregon offering 300 kids is stupid but there are a number of elements in their recruiting approach that they are clearly better at.
    Just so we're clear, UW has recruited better than Oregon every year since 2016, per 247 average recruit rankings, and that doesn't look to be changing this year or next. Recruiting is not the issue right now. We're about 5 plays from being 7-1 at least and the narrative would be completely different. Football is a cruel mistress.
    Yep. Baccallia and Lucciano’s bad plays vs Cal. Change those and we win.

3rd and 2 vs Oregon. Even if we converted there was a ways to go, but it was big. Early on, Pleasant’s drop and the late hit by Turner on Herbert the first drives of the game.

Change those 3 and we are 7-1 despite the holes in the roster.
    This is starting to sound like Sark.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Kids are kids. Peterman is fucking up the whole recruiting vibe because of seniority and stupid ass playcalling and personnel decisions straight from Benny Hill.

How do you expect to be recruiting when you lose to Oregon, keep Kingsley's cousin Puka on the bench when he's your best receiver outside of black beast ... While you play fucktard baccelia over and over ...

This shit comes back to bite you in the ass Peterman! Get your shit together. "It's not for everyone" fuck off.

Losing isn't for everyone. Gaining a bad rep isn't for everyone either ... that's why people go elsewhere to winners ...

How about a small dose of honesty here. The kid looks like he is having a great time in that video. While ours look like manikins next to the cardboard cutout. It would be nice if Pete remembered that kids play this game for fun and loosened up a couple of degrees. Then again. This program isn't for everybody.
    That kind of stuff might be attractive to some kids, but not all. I think there needs to be a small reality accepted that not every kid will want to go to UW regardless of how Pete sells the program. You can't change your sales pitch based on who you're selling to every time you contact a recruit. Or, maybe you can and that's how you end up making 400 offers each cycle.

I'm not a recruiting expert at all, but people need to accept that we are never going to get every kid we want regardless of what Pete does or does not do.
    Oh I get that. My comment was based more on what appears to be a pretty buttoned up UW football culture. It is okay for kids to have some fun. Jeez if you can't get a little loose at a recruiting photo shoot then what the hell? I think Oregon offering 300 kids is stupid but there are a number of elements in their recruiting approach that they are clearly better at.
    Just so we're clear, UW has recruited better than Oregon every year since 2016, per 247 average recruit rankings, and that doesn't look to be changing this year or next. Recruiting is not the issue right now. We're about 5 plays from being 7-1 at least and the narrative would be completely different. Football is a cruel mistress.

3rd and 2 vs Oregon. Even if we converted there was a ways to go, but it was big. Early on, Pleasant’s drop and the late hit by Turner on Herbert the first drives of the game.

The dooging is real.

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

How that can be true? Sark's teams either won or got ass blasted.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

I was thinking this same thing.

5-4

5 close wins. 4 anal rape losses

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Sark would always say his 7-6 squad was just a few plays from winning ten games or the conference or whatever.

I think it was 2013 fall camp he had a press conference that was lampooned on here because Sark said something like he considered the 2012 team a 10 win team.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Sark would always say his 7-6 squad was just a few plays from winning ten games or the conference or whatever.

I think it was 2013 fall camp he had a press conference that was lampooned on here because Sark said something like he considered the 2012 team a 10 win team.
    I remember that

Ty was the 5 plays away from winning an individual game guy
    The fact that Sark had so many blowout losses made it more ridiculous but it’s the same fallacious reasoning.

Out of 150+ plays in a game you are picking out the two or three that went the worst for you and ignoring any luck that went the other way.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

A little bit. We’re 5-3 and that’s the fact. People said this shit to fluff up Sark, especially in 2012 when doogs hammered that we should have been 9-4. Kim was the main one to always post it.

I’m just commenting that we were close. They should have been wins. Stanford was the only game we got beaten pretty soundly. I still think Pete has absolutely sucked this year and fucked over the season.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

The fact that Sark had so many blowout losses made it more ridiculous but it’s the same fallacious reasoning.

Out of 150+ plays in a game you are picking out the two or three that went the worst for you and ignoring any luck that went the other way.

The ILBs have been so bad it’s like the defense is playing a man down a lot of times.

I don’t think it’s unfair to say things would look way different on the defense if just RS senior BBK were playing this year instead of basically playing a man down. It’s just that this year, even mediocre/average ILB play would be a massive improvement for the entire defense.

ATBS, this year it’s the WRs and ILB, in the past it’s been kicking or QB, by the time they fix ILB it will be something else.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the defense has been trending down for a bit now. Not as glaring as this year but Penn State and Ohio State went through them like a hot knife through butter. We actually played good defense against Bama,

Thus year we are struggling more in league consistently instead of a 2017 Stanford once in awhile

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

A little bit. We’re 5-3 and that’s the fact. People said this shit to fluff up Sark, especially in 2012 when doogs hammered that we should have been 9-4. Kim was the main one to always post it.

I’m just commenting that we were close. They should have been wins. Stanford was the only game we got beaten pretty soundly. I still think Pete has absolutely sucked this year and fucked over the season.
    Sure, there is a reason why we are the highest ranked 3 loss team in any metric and why we are basically even odds vs. Utah at home.

We’ve underachieved. Whether it is luck, coaching, one glaring position of weakness or all of the above it just makes our shitty season suck even more.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I think the defense has been trending down for a bit now. Not as glaring as this year but Penn State and Ohio State went through them like a hot knife through butter. We actually played good defense against Bama,

Thus year we are struggling more in league consistently instead of a 2017 Stanford once in awhile

Are you insinuating that no ballz is damaged goods???
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

animate said:

Sure, there is a reason why we are the highest ranked 3 loss team in any metric and why we are basically even odds vs. Utah at home.

We’ve underachieved. Whether it is luck, coaching, one glaring position of weakness or all of the above it just makes our shitty season suck even more.
    We Are SC. Fuckin' fight on, babayyyy!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cristoballed to Cristobal
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Meek said:

Cristoballed to Cristobal

To early to predict where he's going but he is favoring Oregon right now but long way to go with him.
    Founders Club

An OL choosing Oregon over UW is defensible. Cristobal puts an emphasis on the OL being a former OL coach, and they have done a better job of developing those OL than UW has. That’s the strength of the Oregon program right now.

• mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    That's an odd final group for someone who is so highly rated by the TBS gurus.

It's essentially a top 2 though, Oregon and SC with Oregon being the heavy favorite. I wonder if we were still recruiting him