Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

Of the 2 coaches you think will be fired/not retained, does one of them come from each side of the ball?

I don’t see anyone from the defensive side getting let go.
    What exactly does Bob Gregory have to do to get fired?
    No clue
    Hey there everyone...

My name's Robert Gregory and I coach inside linebackers here at the University of Washington. I trotted out two starters this year, Brandon Wellington and Kyler Manu... whom I scouted, recruited, and coached for four & five years respectively. Both are generationally bad. I'm not being hyperbolic here, fellas... they are legitimately the two worst inside linebackers to have played at the University of Washington in twenty years.

Before these two gents, I coached Azeem Victor and Keishawn Bierria.... they both regressed their senior years under my tutelage. Additionally, I'm such a recruiting liability that I have literally ZERO players in the sophomore and junior classes at ILB. Nobody. Not a single fucking guy.

In the redshirt freshman class, I have Peter Sirmon... whom after a couple of springs and two seasons appears to be as useless as tits on a nun.... then MJ Tafisi, who seems to have some tools, but lacks the high-end athleticism to ever be an all PAC-12 LB.

Next year, thanks to my staggering incompetence, our defense will essentially be dependent on a bunch of redshirt-freshman ILBs who have never played a single down of college football in their fucking lives.... so the future is bright! Also... last year I oversaw one of the worst special teams units in the entire country.

And, just to get you guys totally caught up.... this year in recruiting, I couldn't even get visits from the two top ILB recruits on the west coast (Nate Herbig and Jordan Bothello). So I settled on some fucking stiff from Texas, and a lightly recruited legacy from Washington. I like where we're trending!!

Anyways, the bottom line is this.... I coached Ben Burr-Kirven. And he was really good his junior and senior year. So that basically means that from now until the end of time, no matter how much of a worthless piece of shit I am, I will always have a job here at UW! Go Dwags!!

Agree completely but I have yet to hear anything about his job but I really hope Pete makes a change this off season. I kinda get missing on Jordan to Notre Dame but to get beat by Wisconsin on a LB from Hawaii that was a slam dunk to us is inexcusable. If coach K can step up his recruiting game then Bob should be expected to as well.
    coach k deserves a medal for what he did with psalm. He was many level terrible, but somewhat competent at times and I hated that fucker. Now you have 2 players like Wellington and Manu that are so much worse than psalm. Let that sink in. So pathetic
    Psalm was a great athlete, not a great football player .
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

Of the 2 coaches you think will be fired/not retained, does one of them come from each side of the ball?

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

My name's Robert Gregory and I coach inside linebackers here at the University of Washington. I trotted out two starters this year, Brandon Wellington and Kyler Manu... whom I scouted, recruited, and coached for four & five years respectively. Both are generationally bad. I'm not being hyperbolic here, fellas... they are legitimately the two worst inside linebackers to have played at the University of Washington in twenty years.

Before these two gents, I coached Azeem Victor and Keishawn Bierria.... they both regressed their senior years under my tutelage. Additionally, I'm such a recruiting liability that I have literally ZERO players in the sophomore and junior classes at ILB. Nobody. Not a single fucking guy.

In the redshirt freshman class, I have Peter Sirmon... whom after a couple of springs and two seasons appears to be as useless as tits on a nun.... then MJ Tafisi, who seems to have some tools, but lacks the high-end athleticism to ever be an all PAC-12 LB.

Next year, thanks to my staggering incompetence, our defense will essentially be dependent on a bunch of redshirt-freshman ILBs who have never played a single down of college football in their fucking lives.... so the future is bright! Also... last year I oversaw one of the worst special teams units in the entire country.

And, just to get you guys totally caught up.... this year in recruiting, I couldn't even get visits from the two top ILB recruits on the west coast (Nate Herbig and Jordan Bothello). So I settled on some fucking stiff from Texas, and a lightly recruited legacy from Washington. I like where we're trending!!

Anyways, the bottom line is this.... I coached Ben Burr-Kirven. And he was really good his junior and senior year. So that basically means that from now until the end of time, no matter how much of a worthless piece of shit I am, I will always have a job here at UW! Go Dwags!!

Agree completely but I have yet to hear anything about his job but I really hope Pete makes a change this off season. I kinda get missing on Jordan to Notre Dame but to get beat by Wisconsin on a LB from Hawaii that was a slam dunk to us is inexcusable. If coach K can step up his recruiting game then Bob should be expected to as well.
    coach k deserves a medal for what he did with psalm. He was many level terrible, but somewhat competent at times and I hated that fucker. Now you have 2 players like Wellington and Manu that are so much worse than psalm. Let that sink in. So pathetic
    Psalm was a great athlete, not a great football player .
    Wow never thought we would miss psalm
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

What about restructuring the position duties, so Greg is just TE/Special Teams and someone else comes in for LB?
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    guntlove said:

godawgst said:

Fuck Pete's wife
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Peterman said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

Fuck Pete's wife
    Maybe Pete is into being a cuck? We all know he is for Shaw, Cristoballz, and Wilcox
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

Psalm was quite a bit better. He deserved shit for the person he was, but he really wasn’t terrible as a player. Not good either and you would hope we could do better, but he wasn’t a complete liability like some of the guys now. Same with O’Brien.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I think of Psalm as just a brain fart with athletic ability. Wellington is a dyslexic dropout with talent that is wasted. Manu, talent wise, is a pile of trash that doesn't belong on Central's roster.
  • Options

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

Psalm was quite a bit better. He deserved shit for the person he was, but he really wasn’t terrible as a player. Not good either and you would hope we could do better, but he wasn’t a complete liability like some of the guys now. Same with O’Brien.

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

dude he was pretty solid, he was never like the world beater. but he did play were he was disciplined. i dont recall team just running at him because they knew he was srub like our two current ILB
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,922
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

dude he was pretty solid, he was never like the world beater. but he did play were he was disciplined. i dont recall team just running at him because they knew he was srub like our two current ILB
    The only team I remember running right at Psalm was Alabama in the playoff game.
  • Options

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

FirePete said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

The only team I remember running right at Psalm was Alabama in the playoff game.
    Arizona
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    Founders Club

I think of Psalm as just a brain fart with athletic ability. Wellington is a dyslexic dropout with talent that is wasted. Manu, talent wise, is a pile of trash that doesn't belong on Western's roster.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Western got rid of their team just so Manu couldn't play for them

PS, FTGs
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

No clue
    Hey there everyone...

Try worst LBs in 5 decades, not just the last 2 decades. Right now they’re the worst LB duo on the west coast in the P5 conferences, and it’s not even close.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

It’s pretty sad that even the Ty and Gilby teams had better LB’s than we have now. Manu and Sirmon would have fit in perfectly on those teams.

Ty's good LBs: Scott White, Mason Foster, EJ, and Donald Butler>>>>Manu/Sirmon
    All of them are way better, even Scott White and an always overrated E.J. Savannah.