Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

@sonics1993 Trey Lowe in the x-fer portal. Any chance of a Sermon style change of heart? Any insight in general?

He wasn’t recruited by Junior and wants to see his other options out there.
    Has he been healthy enough to play this year or still dealing with the infection? Is he just testing the waters or is he definitely gone ?
    If they want to LEAVE you let them go. Can’t have guys half in.
    That’s what she said.
  • Options
    KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Does Trey Lowe taking off open a spot for LV Bunkley?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,945
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

So Jimmy Lake has a quality reputation as a developer of DB's and an offer from him is considered very positively.
    Yet this year and last we don't seem to be a consideration for the best DB's out West. Is him potentially leaving still an issue with recruits? Even if he tells them he's staying I'm sure the perception of him possibly leaving is being used against us by other schools. Is this an issue in your mind and does it need to be resolved one way or the other?

It’s because worshington 2.0 is shit. Maybe 3.0 will be better...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Last 3 pages of this read like TPIO
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Last 3 pages of this read like TPIO

Let's get more positive then, I predict Washington wins out and finishes 9-3 and lands Xavier Carlton.
    TYFYS
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of the 2 coaches you think will be fired/not retained, does one of them come from each side of the ball?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    godawgst said:

Of the 2 coaches you think will be fired/not retained, does one of them come from each side of the ball?

I don’t see anyone from the defensive side getting let go.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Then that makes it really easy to figure out who it is. Bush/Jordan
  • Options
    guntlove said:

godawgst said:

What exactly does Bob Gregory have to do to get fired?
    No clue
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What is the meaning of life?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter
    Do you think we end up with another 4*+ recruit in this class or do we just finish with Overman, long snapper, and a low ranked cb and d lineman?
  • Options

Do you think we end up with another 4*+ recruit in this class or do we just finish with Overman, long snapper, and a low ranked cb and d lineman?

I think we land at least one more four star
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    Standard Supporter

I think we land at least one more four star
    Who?.gif
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And, just to get you guys totally caught up.... this year in recruiting, I couldn't even get visits from the two top ILB recruits on the west coast (Nate Herbig and Jordan Bothello). So I settled on some fucking stiff from Texas, and a lightly recruited legacy from Washington. I like where we're trending!!

Who will both be starting their senior years!!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

godawgst said:

What exactly does Bob Gregory have to do to get fired?
    No clue
    Hey there everyone...

My name's Robert Gregory and I coach inside linebackers here at the University of Washington. I trotted out two starters this year, Brandon Wellington and Kyler Manu... whom I scouted, recruited, and coached for four & five years respectively. Both are generationally bad. I'm not being hyperbolic here, fellas... they are legitimately the two worst inside linebackers to have played at the University of Washington in twenty years.

Before these two gents, I coached Azeem Victor and Keishawn Bierria.... they both regressed their senior years under my tutelage. Additionally, I'm such a recruiting liability that I have literally ZERO players in the sophomore and junior classes at ILB. Nobody. Not a single fucking guy.

In the redshirt freshman class, I have Peter Sirmon... whom after a couple of springs and two seasons appears to be as useless as tits on a nun.... then MJ Tafisi, who seems to have some tools, but lacks the high-end athleticism to ever be an all PAC-12 LB.

Next year, thanks to my staggering incompetence, our defense will essentially be dependent on a bunch of redshirt-freshman ILBs who have never played a single down of college football in their fucking lives.... so the future is bright! Also... last year I oversaw one of the worst special teams units in the entire country.

And, just to get you guys totally caught up.... this year in recruiting, I couldn't even get visits from the two top ILB recruits on the west coast (Nate Herbig and Jordan Bothello). So I settled on some fucking stiff from Texas, and a lightly recruited legacy from Washington. I like where we're trending!!

Anyways, the bottom line is this.... I coached Ben Burr-Kirven. And he was really good his junior and senior year. So that basically means that from now until the end of time, no matter how much of a worthless piece of shit I am, I will always have a job here at UW! Go Dwags!!

Agree completely but I have yet to hear anything about his job but I really hope Pete makes a change this off season. I kinda get missing on Jordan to Notre Dame but to get beat by Wisconsin on a LB from Hawaii that was a slam dunk to us is inexcusable. If coach K can step up his recruiting game then Bob should be expected to as well.
    coach k deserves a medal for what he did with psalm. He was many level terrible, but somewhat competent at times and I hated that fucker. Now you have 2 players like Wellington and Manu that are so much worse than psalm. Let that sink in. So pathetic