Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Per Fetters

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Pleasant is 0/5 in picking up the first on 3rd and 4th, two yards or less to go. Granted, three of those chances were against Oregon, but still. I’ll give Fetters reluctant props for actually writing about something with substance instead of his typical nonsense.

Pete can fuck off saying the statistics show the wildcat is a good play call. It’s a good play call with Newton. Pete sucks at playing to his personnel. We saw it when he first took over for Sark and we are seeing it more now. The guy is rigid and stuck in his ways.

Pete is around Pleasant everyday. You would think he and the other coaches would know by now that Pleasant sucks, especially in short yardage situations.

Thinking back, in last year’s Oregon game, Pete ran wildcat with McGrew in OT and we settled for a FG. Just FS all the way around. I’m still pissed.

Comments

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Pete can fuck off saying the statistics show the wildcat is a good play call. It’s a good play call with Newton. Pete sucks at playing to his personnel. We saw it when he first took over for Sark and we are seeing it more now. The guy is rigid and stuck in his ways.

This is why I really have no hope. Pete thinks he has a genius offense where stars don't really matter and he can plug in the next guy who has earned his trust without missing a beat. Obviously some haven't earned his trust yet despite an apparent lack of chances to do so and a retarded insistence that everyone practice exactly like it's a game. But once you're in, he'll keep going to that well. To admit you drop passes and don't get open and thus shouldn't play would be an indictment of his system and trust. So far he can't do so.

FYFMFE
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

Should have stuck with Eason and Achmedinajad. UO couldn't stop them. It was an embarrassing performance by Oregon's defense. He looks like an elite QB, except for the fact that he stares down his targeted receivers. He's damn quick with his short passes too. Hard to defend that.

• Options
    Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yeah but Fetters doesn't know how well the wildcat works with Pleasant in practice against Lake's D !!!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Should have stuck with Eason and Achmedinajad. UO couldn't stop them. It was an embarrassing performance by Oregon's defense. He looks like an elite QB, except for the fact that he stares down his targeted receivers. He's damn quick with his short passes too. Hard to defend that.

Huh....if only somebody...

Ah fuck it
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I don't know if Pleasant sucks at short yardage. He definitely sucks at wildcat though.

Spot on criticism that Pete doesn't know how to play to his talent. That's probably his greatest weakness.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I don't know if Pleasant sucks at short yardage. He definitely sucks at wildcat though.

Spot on criticism that Pete doesn't know how to play to his talent. That's probably his greatest weakness.

Chincredible only got 3 yards of sep on camera, he needs at least 8 before he gets more routes.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

I actually read more of Fetters’ thoughts. Kyler Manu was out every series in the 2nd quarter when our D played well. We gave up 7.45 yards with him in and 5.37 with him out. He should never see the fucking field! Absolutely ridiculous that the coaches are fucking up games with their decisions.

It’s insulting to the fanbase to keep playing him. JFC
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,420
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

I actually read more of Fetters’ thoughts. Kyler Manu was out every series in the 2nd quarter when our D played well. We gave up 7.45 yards with him in and 5.37 with him out. He should never see the fucking field! Absolutely ridiculous that the coaches are fucking up games with their decisions.

And then and then and then we went out there and played Oregon and we played the whole second half playing with 10 and I don't quite understand why we spent the whole second half playing with 10 but we played the whole second half playing with 10. And that's what happened and and and and and I don't think, I don't know if we thought we were too good to play em but we spent the whole second half playing with 10.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,108
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dtd said:

Amazing how different the Oregon play looks. The other 3 are all due to amazing Oline Push. Oregon got no push but still gets it because wellington is trash and mcduffie and turner are a mile away from the play. Jimmy lake needs to stop being a pussy and go all in to stop 4th and shorts.