Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserves own thread x100

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Puka, who wasn't ready two weeks ago is now your go to with the game on the line?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seems to me like pete sent him out as a fuck you to the crying fans and will use that as an excuse at some point.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Seems to me like pete sent him out as a fuck you to the crying fans and will use that as an excuse at some point.

I'm sure that wasn't on his mind.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Puka, who wasn't ready two weeks ago is now your go to with the game on the line?

That’s a pretty terrible take
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    lose game> Put Puka in to save us!!!! lose game> How can you throw to Puka to save us!?!?!?!

I'm glad you guys do this shit so your street cred stays low with people that might foolishly entertain this shit beyond satire.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And 2 weeks later Opera singer runs the correct route.... in the wrong play... taking the catch from Puka.
  • Options
    Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

That play was on Eason. Otton was sitting in the middle ready for the 1st. Eason locked on to his best athlete vs taking what the D gave him. Puka was Easons go to, not CPs. He has some improvements that should be made before going to play with the big boys. Or go into the league underdeveloped and locking onto your first read. Mayfields doing great as a one and done
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Gwad said:

lose game> Put Puka in to save us!!!! lose game> How can you throw to Puka to save us!?!?!?!

I'm glad you guys do this shit so your street cred stays low with people that might foolishly entertain this shit beyond satire.

You missed the point. I had no problem throwing to Puka. I'm excited for his future.

The point was that when Petersen was asked why Puka wasn't playing, he said he wasn't ready. Then two weeks later, he's the go-to guy with the game on the line.
    I don't understand the criticism if you have no problem throwing to Puka in that situation. 'Not being ready' is not synonymous with can't make a clutch play on a slant route imo.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gwad said:

You missed the point. I had no problem throwing to Puka. I'm excited for his future.

The point was that when Petersen was asked why Puka wasn't playing, he said he wasn't ready. Then two weeks later, he's the go-to guy with the game on the line.
    A lot can happen in a couple weeks. Ups and downs, etc.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

I don't understand the criticism if you have no problem throwing to Puka in that situation. 'Not being ready' is not synonymous with can't make a clutch play on a slant route imo.
    Where was puka during Cal and Stanford?

I think that is the poooont.

Instead we have a paint brush salesman and an opera singer dropping balls left and right.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club

Gwad said:

It's fucking amazing to see what happens when you hold on to the fucking ball when it hits you in the hands.

Amazing I tell you.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Gwad said:

1) Totally get what you’re saying and agree with your premise. Puka should have been playing all along.

2) Per Millen, that play is intended to go to Hunter who is running the same route in the slot, but the LB stayed in his zone and covered up the throw, so Puka is the secondary option. He also mentioned that the Safety covered over the top and allowed the CB to take a chance on crashing hard on the route, which is why Puka got hit before the ball got there.

So I mean, yes I agree with you but the play was actually drawn up for Hunter but he was doubled so Eason went to option 2.