Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to get away from impeachment - back to local crap I-976

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
I am so effing sick of the ads painting the $30 car tabs as the demise of Washington state.

With giving the state all the $$$ they have asked for our roads are shit. Construction projects go on forever, we? pay a fortune in cost overruns to contractors, Sound Transit is a joke, Tacoma I-5 has been a project now for 19 years and they are predicting completion in 2023.

This state is a fiasco, Time Eyeman is the biggest joke most of the tim but on this one he is a hero.

Funding for stopping I-976 is over 3 million compared to 62K for passage.

I wonder how many millionaires have been created by us giving the DOT unlimited funds.

CSB - my kid worked for DOT in accounting, he quit after a few months to go into private industry. While working for DOT he was told to slow down, he was finishing jobs to quickly, he was given x amount of projects per week - don't go over that number. That was why he quit. But it pissed me off cause he wasn't able to run the family fantasy football league after he left.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They said the same shit when it went to the ballot in 2000 and passed. It was going to be chaos with no money for anything. Well, the only thing that changed that I noticed was it cost less to renew my licenses. These assholes always predict this shit. Remember the “fiscal cliff” a few years ago and “draconian” cuts? Fuck off, no one noticed or cared when it happened.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

They said the same shit when it went to the ballot in 2000 and passed. It was going to be chaos with no money for anything. Well, the only thing that changed that I noticed was it cost less to renew my licenses. These assholes always predict this shit. Remember the “fiscal cliff” a few years ago and “draconian” cuts? Fuck off, no one noticed or cared when it happened.

That's why politicians, particularly state & local, fear "allowing" citizens to keep more of their own money.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bullshit @MikeDamone Time Eyeman cared and a few voters. this state is so far into the blue that it doesn't matter how most of us vote the big cities pass this shit.

I don't really care that much anymore as I do not frequent the big cities to see all the waste.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited October 2019
    Glad I moved out of that shit hole state of Washington. It sucked when I lived there so I moved. Lessons for the tug’s trumptards.