Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason staying for 2020 season

2»

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019

whuggy said:

I don’t find myself caring about this. The late game reps on a blow out don’t really do anything. I would take Eason out because I don’t want him hurt then care about the back up getting reps.

It’s a lot different when you’re thrown in against Oregon or another quality opponent. It’s sink or swim and the garbage time reps aren’t making Sirmon any more or less ready to perform.

I care. Petersen is an incredibly slow learner in this area. The whole tone of this board in the last two months is that game reps are more important than practice reps. Your backup QB should always be getting a couple of series in the first half of games to see what game speed is like. This prevents your backup from going in cold like Haener did against Cal and shit happening. It requires a little bit of finesse as to when to get the backup some reps but you would expect a top level coach to be able to manage that. Pete is a very, very average gameday coach.

Edit: If we are all gonna scream to play the young receivers, shouldn't the young QB get some reps too?
    Not many teams give the back up reps in the first half anymore. What coaches and programs do a great job of getting the back up quality reps?
    Don't care. Our priorities should be in order of importance:
    1) Make playoffs
    2) Win conference, make Rose Bowl
    3) Fuck it, start preparing for next year

If 1 and 2 are gone then it doesn't matter so get young players quality reps. ALL POSITIONS.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The bitching about Eason not getting enough game repps would be deafening.

This. Everyone (including myself) on this bored wanted to murder Pete when he said “Jake Haener will play. He’s earned it” right after naming Eason the starter. Fuck playing the backup when the starting offense still can’t figure it out
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How much more broken and confused would the offense be if Haener had stayed and Pete kept rotating him in with Eason?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

How much more broken and confused would the offense be if Haener had stayed and Pete kept rotating him in with Eason?

It wouldn't have happened.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t find myself caring about this. The late game reps on a blow out don’t really do anything. I would take Eason out because I don’t want him hurt then care about the back up getting reps.

It’s a lot different when you’re thrown in against Oregon or another quality opponent. It’s sink or swim and the garbage time reps aren’t making Sirmon any more or less ready to perform.

They do if your coach let's you RIP IT and run all the plays. They don't if he only let's you hand off even when it's 3rd and 25.

Something is better than nothing, and even garbage time game play is faster than anything the kid's gonna get in practice. We talkin' 'bout PRACTICE.
    To an extent they are fine. Arizona gave up and probably had back ups in too. Maybe it would be good from a confidence stand point.

I really don’t think those reps would help much if Eason went down in the first quarter and Sirmon came in. Like I said before, it’s sink or swim.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

I care. Petersen is an incredibly slow learner in this area. The whole tone of this board in the last two months is that game reps are more important than practice reps. Your backup QB should always be getting a couple of series in the first half of games to see what game speed is like. This prevents your backup from going in cold like Haener did against Cal and shit happening. It requires a little bit of finesse as to when to get the backup some reps but you would expect a top level coach to be able to manage that. Pete is a very, very average gameday coach.

Edit: If we are all gonna scream to play the young receivers, shouldn't the young QB get some reps too?
    Not many teams give the back up reps in the first half anymore. What coaches and programs do a great job of getting the back up quality reps?
    Don't care. Our priorities should be in order of importance:
    1) Make playoffs
    2) Win conference, make Rose Bowl
    3) Fuck it, start preparing for next year

If 1 and 2 are gone then it doesn't matter so get young players quality reps. ALL POSITIONS.
    Your priorities in order of importance should have been:

Beat Cal.
    Beat Stanford.

The only priority left is:

Beat Oregon, nothing else matters now.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's important for the back up to be able to throw some dropped passes too.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    H_D said:

We will play the back up QB once the starter can execute the offense.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

H_D said:

We will play the back up QB once the starter can execute the offense.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    Pete's backup plan if Eason leaves is to run the Wildcat on every play.

See, so there's no need to play a backup QB. Get off his back, Guys!!