Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

One more title and it’s LeBron. LeBron in his prime was the best. Then you factor in that he’s still playing at a very high level.

Stfu roadie, stick to tbsing
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

One more title and it’s LeBron. LeBron in his prime was the best. Then you factor in that he’s still playing at a very high level.

Chinese guy would say something like this.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

You're showing your age.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sorry, as much as I kinda wished this would become reality because I really appreciate LeBron's career, the facts are that MJ is the GOAT. While not an old guy, I am old enough to have paid close attention to peak MJ and peak LeBron. Ultimately, the difference between the two is that watching MJ you just knew he would win, whereas with LeBron there has always been a little of an "I hope he can pull this off." LeBron also pulled a couple moves in his career - forming the superteam in Miami that somehow still only managed 2 of 4 titles and going in to hibernation several times at key moments in the playoffs - that no true GOAT would ever do.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You're showing your age.
    I’m old enough to have watched Jordan too.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club

Sorry, as much as I kinda wished this would become reality because I really appreciate LeBron's career, the facts are that MJ is the GOAT. While not an old guy, I am old enough to have paid close attention to peak MJ and peak LeBron. Ultimately, the difference between the two is that watching MJ you just knew he would win, whereas with LeBron there has always been a little of an "I hope he can pull this off." LeBron also pulled a couple moves in his career - forming the superteam in Miami that somehow still only managed 2 of 4 titles and going in to hibernation several times at key moments in the playoffs - that no true GOAT would ever do.
    What a bunch of nonsensical cringe gibberish.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

What a bunch of nonsensical cringe gibberish.
    I'm sorry I missed your thoughts and opinion. Fag.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Mentally Lebron is a midget compared to Jordan. Physically Lbj is the most versatile player I've seen. Multiple,seasons he has just quit on his team though.

Also Only 2 titles for that stacked of a team he was on in Miami is not impressive for someone under consideration for the goat. Gotta be honest about that. That whole run was underwhelming.

Probably beats the warriors in their first meeting if Irving or love play though. That performance was amazing considering shumpert and deladova were their 2nd and 3rd options.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Physically Bron is the most dominant player I've ever watched. Killer instinct and win at all costs mentality goes to MJ. I'd take either. But MJ is nails.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MJ played against used car salesmen, fat guys, and midgets.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LeBron is a baby back bitch. Go Lakers!
  • Options

Lbj lost a title to dirk and the very epitome of what you just described. The loss to the old version of the spurs is black eye in the debate too. This was not Duncan Parker ginobili and the claw in their prime by any means. Great player. Just not the goat.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Zxk8y3_uI

LBJ would get his ass kicked by those used car salesmen and fat guys.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    LeBron’s highway highs were better than anything MJ ever did. I always point to the 2015 finals when he was averaged 36/13/9 while his supporting cast was Delly, Mozgov, JR Smith, and Tristan Thompson. MJ always had Scottie and good role players.

But at the same time, MJ never had a floundering choke job like LeBron had vs. Dallas in 2011.

Agree with Roadie that one more ring gives it to LeBron
  • Options

LeBron out of HS was more cut than MJ ever.

He’s a sellout bitch now, so my defense of him is only halfhearted, but the idea that a physical freak like LeBron wouldn’t beat the shit out of the “Bad Boys” is laughable. He’d prison rape Isiah Thomas and the rest of those fat fucks.

Just because MJ was a scrawny bitch early in his career and got manhandled doesn’t mean that shit would work on LeBron. The problem with these scenarios is you always imagine the new guys unable to play under the old rules. LeBron would bulldoze people. It would probably take a toll over time and his career longevity would likely suffer, but bigger, faster, stronger doesn’t ever hurt.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s a sellout bitch now, so my defense of him is only halfhearted, but the idea that a physical freak like LeBron wouldn’t beat the shit out of the “Bad Boys” is laughable. He’d prison rape Isiah Thomas and the rest of those fat fucks.

Just because MJ was a scrawny bitch early in his career and got manhandled doesn’t mean that shit would work on LeBron. The problem with these scenarios is you always imagine the new guys unable to play under the old rules. LeBron would bulldoze people. It would probably take a toll over time and his career longevity would likely suffer, but bigger, faster, stronger doesn’t ever hurt.
    The Curry one is dumb too. He wouldn’t be any less of a shooter or ball handler in any era. Pretending Gary Payton and others could lock him up is stupid. They run so many screens and he cuts so much that Gary Payton would get lost in the trees just like everyone does against Curry.
  • Options

The Curry one is dumb too. He wouldn’t be any less of a shooter or ball handler in any era. Pretending Gary Payton and others could lock him up is stupid. They run so many screens and he cuts so much that Gary Payton would get lost in the trees just like everyone does against Curry.
    I mostly agree here, based on Curry’s skill level being super elite.

But my main point is that LeBron is just too physically dominant to be stopped in any era...AND he has the skills to match. Curry might get pushed around especially driving to the rim under the old rules. LeBron not so much.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Hit puberty then we can talk...