Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason staying for 2020 season

Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
I just finished watching the Arizona replay and it's clear that Petersen thinks Eason will be back next year because why the fuck else would Sirmon never get a decent rep when Petersen hasn't fucked the game and has a comfortable lead late in the fourth? Petersen never fucks up roster management so clearly Eason will be back next year and he definitely won't get hurt again.

Fucking god damnit

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    We will play the back up QB once the starter can execute the offense.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Petersen never plays the backup....ever.

Just one of his major downfalls

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any thoughts on when we play the backup?

Thanks!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    But Haeny did good vs North Alberta
  • Options

I don’t find myself caring about this. The late game reps on a blow out don’t really do anything. I would take Eason out because I don’t want him hurt then care about the back up getting reps.

It’s a lot different when you’re thrown in against Oregon or another quality opponent. It’s sink or swim and the garbage time reps aren’t making Sirmon any more or less ready to perform.

I think there is a space with a comfortable lead and garbage time where the parking defense is still playing and you can get good reps in.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HuskyJW said:

Petersen never plays the backup....ever.

Just one of his major downfalls

I know one of you fuckers tagged mom 20 years ago... which one of you bastards are the father
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

I don’t find myself caring about this. The late game reps on a blow out don’t really do anything. I would take Eason out because I don’t want him hurt then care about the back up getting reps.

It’s a lot different when you’re thrown in against Oregon or another quality opponent. It’s sink or swim and the garbage time reps aren’t making Sirmon any more or less ready to perform.

I think there is a space with between a comfortable lead and garbage time where the parking defense is still playing and you can get good reps in.
    Too late to edit.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019

I care. Petersen is an incredibly slow learner in this area. The whole tone of this board in the last two months is that game reps are more important than practice reps. Your backup QB should always be getting a couple of series in the first half of games to see what game speed is like. This prevents your backup from going in cold like Haener did against Cal and shit happening. It requires a little bit of finesse as to when to get the backup some reps but you would expect a top level coach to be able to manage that. Pete is a very, very average gameday coach.

Edit: If we are all gonna scream to play the young receivers, shouldn't the young QB get some reps too?