Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW/OSU game thread

9 min to go, 3 point game

http://uwtv.org/live/

Erickson looks pissed

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Erickson ' s team should have won a national title. They were better than us, better than anyone. Tui was magic as usual, and even after his herculean effort, OSU lost by three, at the last minute.

Their defensive ends were unbeleivable, second only to Gene Stallings 92' ends in modern day college football. Pat McCall was 2nd string (you fucking kidding me?), they had an all pac ten TE, Chad Johnson , Johnathan smith. That team won my national title vote, if I was an AP voter
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2014

Erickson ' s team should have won a national title. They were better than us, better than anyone. Tui was magic as usual, and even after his herculean effort, OSU lost by three, at the last minute.

Their defensive ends were unbeleivable, second only to Gene Stallings 92' ends in modern day college football. Pat McCall was 2nd string (you fucking kidding me?), they had an all pac ten TE, Chad Johnson , Johnathan smith. That team won my national title vote, if I was an AP voter

Over an undefeated Oklahoma team that completely shut down FSU in the title game?

You are the ultimate poog for the conference.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I'd still put Oklahoma, Miami and UW ahead of Oregon State.

I thought then and still feel UW should have been #2 over Miami but it doesn't matter if you aren't first.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    dnc said:

Over an undefeated Oklahoma team that completely shut down FSU in the title game?

At the end of the year, Oregon State was playing better than anyone. I agree with Puppy that we were lucky to escape with a win. They are fighting with Miami for 3rd in my rankings, but in a playoff, they could have taken it.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Came down to a missed field goal in the rain...that team was scary good. Shame it happened so early in the season, we could have had Gameday.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    That's a lot of fucking NFL talent that found its way to Corvallis.....
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

At the end of the year, Oregon State was playing better than anyone. I agree with Puppy that we were lucky to escape with a win. They are fighting with Miami for 3rd in my rankings, but in a playoff, they could have taken it.
    Agreed we were lucky to win and I agree they could have won in a playoff. But that's a totally different thing than voting for them #1 on the body of work we have to look at.

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Doogles said:

Came down to a missed field goal in the rain...that team was scary good. Shame it happened so early in the season, we could have had Gameday.

It wasn't raining.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Agreed we were lucky to win and I agree they could have won in a playoff. But that's a totally different thing than voting for them #1 on the body of work we have to look at.

With the new playoff system CFB will be about who is playing best and healthiest at the end of the season, rather than body of work, which is what it used to be about.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Agree. Results are results. We beat them, therefore it was right to rank us ahead of us. If we give them a hypothetical win, then we have to give Sark 9 wins in 2012.