Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salvon's choppy feet

Everytime Salvon stops his feet and studders he gets dropped. Needs to just go more point A to B plays.....sweeps reverses etc.

The minute he tries and juke someone gets dropped 99% of time.

Calling Bush now to give him this info.

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/XkqFsJk6gik

That's the 1%. He's right.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You mean like the USC game ;)?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

Everytime Salvon stops his feet and studders he gets dropped. Needs to just go more point A to B plays.....sweeps reverses etc.

Keep your day job man... you have no future in running back coaching
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

You mean like the USC game ;)?

WTFAY?????
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065

But when does he get dropped? I’m unclear
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

I was told anyone who thinks McGrew and Newton have better vision than Ahmed is a clown.
    I've heard the same.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    On that last touchdown, Ahmed did do his stop and studder as soon as it looked like he was going to make contact, yet was able to bounce it outside and use his speed to score a touchdown. However, if you look closely I think Otton got away with a bit of a hold which gave Ahmed enough time to get back up to speed after deciding where he wanted to go.

So I don't think there's much to take away from that play other than every once in awhile when the stars align Ahmed's speed/acceleration can make something great happen. And that's a good thing. But his tendency to be indecisive on runs up the middle and to avoid contact were still on display, which have been the common denominator on many of his unsuccessful carries.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Try to get and keep a job man... you have no future, besides maybe pyrotechnics
    dnc said:

I was told anyone who thinks McGrew and Newton have better vision than Ahmed is a clown.
    A clown must have told you that.

I wonder ... what's ... so hard ... about watching the fucking game.

When one does that, one sees Newton and McGrew RIPPING THE FUCK through holes between the tackles right and left. You actually see it. Then you see this kid a few of us? are madly in love with come in and, more often than not, NOT DO THAT.

It's so uncomplicated. Just watch the fucking game, and make a mental note of who gets caught at the LOS and who barrels through whatever holes the O line can generate. There are three to backs to track. Slowly. McGrew. Ahmed. Newton.

Watch them when they get their turns. Then get back to me.
    edited October 2019

On that last touchdown, Ahmed did do his stop and studder as soon as it looked like he was going to make contact, yet was able to bounce it outside and use his speed to score a touchdown. However, if you look closely I think Otton got away with a bit of a hold which gave Ahmed enough time to get back up to speed after deciding where he wanted to go.

So I don't think there's much to take away from that play other than every once in awhile when the stars align Ahmed's speed/acceleration can make something great happen. And that's a good thing. But his tendency to be indecisive on runs up the middle and to avoid contact were still on display, which have been the common denominator on many of his unsuccessful carries.

And, doing that when the game is over and the defense no longer gives a shit is a far different thing that doing it when McGrew did it right out of the gates, when the Defense is fresh and in the game.

And, of course, nobody who actually watches the games thinks Ahmed is a piece of shit who never gains positive yardage. There are these things called game stats that bear out what he does. But he's not steady, not dependable, does not like contact and goes down easy. He needs to play behind an O line that opens up truck lanes, or in an offense designed to get him the ball in open space for him to do his thing.