Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jay'Veon Sunday, 2020 3* RB, Waco (Connally), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sunday had like 260 yards on 20 carries again last weekend. I know high school stats mean nothing but that's still good to hear
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meh. I'm glad so many here are excited about this slow, mid size power back and the highlights showing him winning low speed races with smaller and slower players who dont want to tackle him. I'm trying to ignore what my eyes are telling me and get on the bandwagon. It's not working though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Meh. I'm glad so many here are excited about this slow, mid size power back and the highlights showing him winning low speed races with smaller and slower players who dont want to tackle him. I'm trying to ignore what my eyes are telling me and get on the bandwagon. It's not working though.
    KB is bad recruiter because he is lazy, but he is he a good talent evaluator.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    People get too wound up about absolute speed

I'd rather have a guy who can move the chains, fall forward and make the offense chug.

Rather than a guy who once in awhile breaks a big run but usually just slams into the offensive line or gets swallowed up for no gain
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

I'd rather have a guy who can move the chains, fall forward and make the offense chug.

Rather than a guy who once in awhile breaks a big run but usually just slams into the offensive line or gets swallowed up for no gain

My concern is if he can get out of the backfield. His initial burst is not much better than his long speed. His cutting isn't either. There were cutback lanes all over those clips that he either didn't see or just passed on. His cuts after the first level are rounded and limited in range.

Sorry but I still dont see it. I Think Newton looked way better in HS.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019
    chuck said:

animate said:

My concern is if he can get out of the backfield. His initial burst is not much better than his long speed. His cutting isn't either. There were cutback lanes all over those clips that he either didn't see or just passed on. His cuts after the first level are rounded and limited in range.

Lol wut??? His highlight were toss sweeps
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sunday had like 260 yards on 20 carries again last weekend. I know high school stats mean nothing but that's still good to hear

High school only doesn’t matter when it’s a liked recruit who is underwhelming.

Players that dominate on high school have a better chance at dominating in college. Same for college to NFL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

animate said:

I normally like what you have to say about recruits. I don’t know where you’re coming up with this tho. He looked great. He’s going to be a problem (the good kind) at UW.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

animate said:

I normally like what you have to say about recruits. I don’t know where you’re coming up with this tho. He looked great. He’s going to be a problem (the good kind) at UW.
    He looks noticeably more explosive than his junior film. He got a lot better. That's the shit I like to see.

He's going to be a stud.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

animate said:

You guys just want him to be good so you'll be right.

I tend to see the upside and am overly optimistic about less heralded guys. I think I'll be proven right this time though. It's a can't lose situation for me. I'll be happy if hes good.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

chuck said:

At the end of the day, I want my assistants to be able to recruit, because I want each position coach to put a good product on the field. Recruiting matters, but if you put a good product on the field your job is safe.

So, that's how I evaluate position coaches.

QB: No qualms here. Hard to tell in our stupid ass offense.
    RB: Carried by Gaskin, but a consistently good product, even though Boner is a lazy fuck.
    WR: Blech. Jury is still out on Junior. If the WR aren't good next year I will be concerned.
    TE: Consistently good product. Recruiting could be better, but is improving.
    OL: Solid product. Could be better, but Huff has gotten solid results out of an OL that had some holes. Should take a leap in the next 2 years.
    DL: Huge hole from lack of recruiting for 2 years, but Malloe is killing it and this will be a great product.
    LB: Fucking dogshit. If you can't recruit you better have results. Greggy doesn't. Gate.
    DB: Elite product. Not perfect this year but still damn good despite losing lots of experience. Every position group handled like this is a championship.
    ST: Not awful this year. Still a gate for Greggy.
    I love me some Jimmy, but our Safety recruiting has been shite between Rapp and Williams/Turner.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I don't know why, but the play @ 2:26 cracks me up. #58 executes what may be the most awkward and least athletic pull of all time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

animate said:

I tend to see the upside and am overly optimistic about less heralded guys. I think I'll be proven right this time though. It's a can't lose situation for me. I'll be happy if hes good.
    Uhh, I only speak for myself, but I'd like him to be good so he can help us win games.
    This. Why would I care if Adams ends up being better? I like Sunday better as a recruit, but none of this matters once they enroll. I want all of them to be really good.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

chuck said:

At the end of the day, I want my assistants to be able to recruit, because I want each position coach to put a good product on the field. Recruiting matters, but if you put a good product on the field your job is safe.

So, that's how I evaluate position coaches.

QB: No qualms here. Hard to tell in our stupid ass offense.
    RB: Carried by Gaskin, but a consistently good product, even though Boner is a lazy fuck.
    WR: Blech. Jury is still out on Junior. If the WR aren't good next year I will be concerned.
    TE: Consistently good product. Recruiting could be better, but is improving.
    OL: Solid product. Could be better, but Huff has gotten solid results out of an OL that had some holes. Should take a leap in the next 2 years.
    DL: Huge hole from lack of recruiting for 2 years, but Malloe is killing it and this will be a great product.
    LB: Fucking dogshit. If you can't recruit you better have results. Greggy doesn't. Gate.
    DB: Elite product. Not perfect this year but still damn good despite losing lots of experience. Every position group handled like this is a championship.
    ST: Not awful this year. Still a gate for Greggy.
    I love me some Jimmy, but our Safety recruiting has been shite between Rapp and Williams/Turner.
    Has it? I think Jimmy is generally overrated as a recruiter and underrated as a developer but I don't see a lot of safety misses between Rapp and Williams. Irvin's been banged up but if he's healthy he's either playing safety or corner and freeing Gordon to play safety.

Jimmy whiffed on McKinney, apparently. Who else?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

animate said:

Uhh, I only speak for myself, but I'd like him to be good so he can help us win games.
    No fucking shit. That's the joke.