Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Almost like it’s cause of coaching

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Its a serious problem when your offense has Byrant, Otton, Newton, and Eason and you cant score in the redzone...

Random play generator would be an improvement over the shit the coaches have been pumping out.

True but Bryant dropped like 3 balls in the red zone last week.

It's not just play calling.
    Hunter Bryant was terrible against Stanford, and cost us* a shot at tarmacing against USC.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Its a serious problem when your offense has Byrant, Otton, Newton, and Eason and you cant score in the redzone...

Random play generator would be an improvement over the shit the coaches have been pumping out.

It’s harder in the RZ. Another problem besides the play calling is that we get down there so often because we don’t have guys that break away for TD’s outside the RZ.
    I think its because the offense, while a pre snap motion offense, does almost nothing to actually generate exploitable mismatches...

You see it when on 3rd or 4th down we throw it into the other teams best defender with our shit WRs

The fact that Byrant and Otton are both way underutilized

Ahmed is rarely on the field with another RB and then motioned outside or into the slot to get matched up against a LB on a pass route

Otton, Bryant, Ahmed, and Newton all stress the defense in any man matchup and are versatile enough that the play could be a power run, outside swing, or pass play... my sweet pants get full with the thought, but the coaches refuse to actually utilize the matchups our players can create and instead we suck.
    I really think @RoadDawg55 is on to something with other teams exploiting how we react to "what they give us" to trick us into giving them what they want. Stanford probably said if we line up like this then they will throw a slant and we can put Adebo on him.

I'm confident Wilcox and Smith know enough about our offense to do that.