Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW/Utah game thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I can't wait for the CBI!

FTFY. And even that is a long shot
    damn you and your 31 minutos!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Playing basketball in April is always special ...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

.... And this isn't HHB speak ... He is a great great guy. He say down and talked with me for 15 minutes one time ... Doesn't even know me ... Just say down and shot the shit with me ...

He is a great guy. I have a similar story when I went to a football practice in 2010. It was the first and last practice I will ever go to. Anyways, Romar was there with Brett Kingma, who was a recruit. They separated when Romar went and talked to some Fleenor type buttsniffers who had to shake Romar's hand and bother him for a few minutes.

I was busy watching Cody Bruns get his Wes Welker on when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and Romar asked me where Brett was. I told him I had no clue who Brett was. He laughed and said he thought I was a recruit's friend who was hanging out with him. He told me he can't keep up with all the people who come up with recruits. He then asked me how I thought UW would do this year in football and told me I should make sure to get some tickets to UW basketball games.

My dad then started talking with Romar and how he had season tickets and he had been watching the Tacoma players (Isaiah, Abdul) for years. Romar then stayed and talked to him for probably 5 minutes about mutual people they knew in Tacoma and other casual shit. He had a few people come up to him during his conversation with my dad, shook hands and told them he would come talk to them in a few minutes. He's a great guy. That said, I still want a new basketball coach. Oh, yeah, cool story bro.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The last play he drew up was brutal.

It's not hard to run a set that gives you 4-5 legitimate offensive options within 5-10 seconds of game play without doing anything too super unique or innovative. All it takes is execution.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited March 2014

Romar has set himself up for life.

He's a great guy ... He'd be great on TV or coaching at Portland State.... Or Oregon Tech ... Or SPU ... Or Whitman ...

If he's back for 2015 the season is officially over.

Oregon Tech is a REAL basketball school with multiple natties.

Fuck you.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Romar has set himself up for life.

He's a great guy ... He'd be great on TV or coaching at Portland State.... Or Oregon Tech ... Or SPU ... Or Whitman ...

If he's back for 2015 the season is officially over.

Oregon Tech is a REAL basketball school with multiple natties.

Fuck you.
    Why do you hate my sensitive feelings Boobs...?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

.... And this isn't HHB speak ... He is a great great guy. He say down and talked with me for 15 minutes one time ... Doesn't even know me ... Just say down and shot the shit with me ...

Tequilla said:

The only time isolation basketball works is if the guy in the isolation situation is a great passer - doubly so if you are talking about someone in the post.

Romar doesn't know the importance of a post player. Still hasn't figured that out. Mr Potato Head's offense is the equivilent of the run and shoot. It will win a few games but never the grand prize. Fire this ignant dope
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

The only time isolation basketball works is if the guy in the isolation situation is a great passer - doubly so if you are talking about someone in the post.

Romar doesn't know the importance of a post player. Still hasn't figured that out. Mr Potato Head's offense is the equivilent of the run and shoot. It will win a few games but never the grand prize. Fire this ignant dope
    I think he knows the importance of a post player. He just doesn't know how to implement one into his offense or develop one. The good post recruits don't want to come here because Romar doesn't have a track record of developing them. The only post player that really developed under his watch was MBA, and I always felt like we should have been getting more out of him. Hawes came in polished, and Brockman's game was brute strength.

• Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

Tequilla said:

He's been there before. He knows how to win conference championships, he knows how to win conference tournaments, he knows how to get to the Dance, he knows what it takes to get a No. 1 seed to the Dance, he knows what it takes to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

NOW...if you can find someone that has a better track record, sign him up.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Must now find other stuff to do rather than watch the NIT on TV..... if it is on TV. I'm not disappointed. If cactus league Husky softball was on the tube, I wouldn't watch it either.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

He's been there before. He knows how to win conference championships, he knows how to win conference tournaments, he knows how to get to the Dance, he knows what it takes to get a No. 1 seed to the Dance, he knows what it takes to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

If you can't consistently achieve something, how do you know how to achieve it? The accomplishments you just mentioned, were in my opinion a side effect of our talent (who gives a shit about conference ANYTHING btw, it's all about the dance), which should have achieved more under a better coach. They were mostly local kids too, so we didn't necessarily get them through amazing recruiting.

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He is a great guy. I have a similar story when I went to a football practice in 2010. It was the first and last practice I will ever go to. Anyways, Romar was there with Brett Kingma, who was a recruit. They separated when Romar went and talked to some Fleenor type buttsniffers who had to shake Romar's hand and bother him for a few minutes.

I was busy watching Cody Bruns get his Wes Welker on when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and Romar asked me where Brett was. I told him I had no clue who Brett was. He laughed and said he thought I was a recruit's friend who was hanging out with him. He told me he can't keep up with all the people who come up with recruits. He then asked me how I thought UW would do this year in football and told me I should make sure to get some tickets to UW basketball games.

My dad then started talking with Romar and how he had season tickets and he had been watching the Tacoma players (Isaiah, Abdul) for years. Romar then stayed and talked to him for probably 5 minutes about mutual people they knew in Tacoma and other casual shit. He had a few people come up to him during his conversation with my dad, shook hands and told them he would come talk to them in a few minutes. He's a great guy. That said, I still want a new basketball coach. Oh, yeah, cool story bro.

I hoped thought for sure that this story was going to end with Romar molesting you behind the Don James center. Glad to hear that you're okay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Dardanus said:

I hoped thought for sure that this story was going to end with Romar molesting you behind the Don James center. Glad to hear that you're okay.
    Road Dawg clearly said he was talking to Romar, not Chris Fetters. Some of you need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Yes, the great Rollball really knows his stuff.

He has an unparalleled success rate.

Just look.

Tequilla said:

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    mobey said:

Yes, the great Rollball really knows his stuff.

He has an unparalleled success rate.

Just look.

Tequilla said:

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Utah is down by 30 to Arizona. That tuff game against UW really took it out of them!

#Pac12IsADreckFest