Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The REAL only reason to keep Romar

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    coaching stability, it matters, just ask dick baird
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I can't decide if "He's the best we can get/who else are you going to hire" or "Romar does it the right way/Everyone else cheats to win" is the more pathetic excuse
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    If Romar is the best you can get, just fold the fucking program already.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    Romar and Harshman are the best Husky basketball coaches in the last half century and maybe longer.

UO is working a new loophole in the rules that I am not fond of. Personally, I prefer having players for three or four years rather than one. I'm a loyalty guy and I enjoy watching teams and players develop. One and done plalyers are not my cup of tea regardless of how often it helps the team win.

How do we "strive for more?" Do we start a letter writing campaign, boo him at games or some other way to undermine him? Maybe you have enough cash to buy him out and buy an elite coach from somewhere else. Maybe you are really saying that we should just dump him and hire a new young turk with the hope that he will be better than Romar. I won't be supporting your efforts regardless. Romar has earned my support and I will remain loyal until it is clear that he can no longer coach.

Kirk Jones
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    If the best we can get is shitty coaching, lousy recruiting and not making the tourney then let's save the money and put it towards football.

Paying $millions to Rollball to once again look like a disorganized pile of crap makes less sense then paying Bone or some other half ass coach a shitload less to look like a disorganized pile of crap.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

Romar and Harshman are the best Husky basketball coaches in the last half century and maybe longer.

UO is working a new loophole in the rules that I am not fond of. Personally, I prefer having players for three or four years rather than one. I'm a loyalty guy and I enjoy watching teams and players develop. One and done plalyers are not my cup of tea regardless of how often it helps the team win.

How do we "strive for more?" Do we start a letter writing campaign, boo him at games or some other way to undermine him? Maybe you have enough cash to buy him out and buy an elite coach from somewhere else. Maybe you are really saying that we should just dump him and hire a new young turk with the hope that he will be better than Romar. I won't be supporting your efforts regardless. Romar has earned my support and I will remain loyal until it is clear that he can no longer coach.

Kirk Jones

I'm with you ORdawg. If Romar is ever forced out that is the day I drop my Tyee support and won't renew my season tickets

Christ
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Kirk JonesFS

Easy fix