Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Next year's WR rotation

Ty Jones
Jordan Chin
Quinten Pounds (after getting a medical year)

All guys who have put in their due diligence to the program and learned the playbook

Not to warty though. Jalen McMillan will be allowed to catch one TD pass then will be used as a blocker for the rest of the season

Comments

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    You're forgetting the walk-ons. David Pritchard and Fatu Sua-Godinet will lead in targets.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You're forgetting the walk-ons. David Pritchard and Fatu Sua-Godinet will lead in targets.

Are they seniors?
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

All guys who have put in their due diligence to the program and learned the playbook

Not to warty though. Jalen McMillan will be allowed to catch one TD pass then will be used as a blocker for the rest of the season

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

Apologies if this has already been posted. Was listening to Joel Klatt's interview with Softy yesterday and the subject of "gamers" came up. Softy mentioned that Petersen won't play players who don't show in practice and Klatt couldn't believe that line of thinking. His point was that the practice environment is totally different than the game environment in that in practice the defense knows exactly what the offense is going to do. It's tough for young receivers to look good because they are going against a D which is totally familiar with the plays being run. In a game, the D is much less familiar about what is coming at them thus a much greater chance for young talent to shine. I had never heard it explained this way and totally shot down Petersen's theory on "practicers" versus "gamers". FWIW
    Stanford and Cal looked plenty familiar with UWs offense. I don’t buy it that young players looks better on game day vs practice.
  • Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

Scratch Ty Jones. Can't have anyone over 6' getting targeted.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019

whuggy said:

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

Apologies if this has already been posted. Was listening to Joel Klatt's interview with Softy yesterday and the subject of "gamers" came up. Softy mentioned that Petersen won't play players who don't show in practice and Klatt couldn't believe that line of thinking. His point was that the practice environment is totally different than the game environment in that in practice the defense knows exactly what the offense is going to do. It's tough for young receivers to look good because they are going against a D which is totally familiar with the plays being run. In a game, the D is much less familiar about what is coming at them thus a much greater chance for young talent to shine. I had never heard it explained this way and totally shot down Petersen's theory on "practicers" versus "gamers". FWIW
    Stanford and Cal looked plenty familiar with UWs offense. I don’t buy it that young players looks better on game day vs practice.
    The "potential" for them to look better is there though. Has to be easier for a receiver going up against an unfamiliar defender than someone who sees them every practice. Especially against the quality of our DB's. Experienced players will always have the advantage to look better in practice because they have more experience as to what will work and make them look good against our own DB's. It is a bit self defeating to not at least give younger players a go in a game because the existing philosophy of "practicers" over "gamers" is essentially biased against younger players over experienced ones.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I don’t think they will reup pounds, they told bowman to take a hike last year
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I bet they try to redshirt Puka.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

Isnt his rs burned by now
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Yes.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Craig Chambers was a slug in practice and balled out in games. Practice wins don't count. PLAY. THE. TALENT.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Uh...Pete will be rolling out an offense that doesn't have wide receivers.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Craig Chambers was a slug in practice and balled out in games. Practice wins don't count. PLAY. THE. TALENT.

[AllenIverson.gif]

Very true about Chambers. He was wasted here. I almost shit when he xferred to, where? Montana or some shit?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I used to show up to practice hungover all the time. Practice sucks.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Uh...Pete will be rolling out an offense that doesn't have wide receivers.

If we ran the triple option we would have obliterated cal and stanford
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

Portal Predictions:
    Spiker to Oregon.
    Puka to Utah.
    Osborne to Cal.
  • Options
    Should've heeded @WeAreAFatLesboSchool's warnings.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

In keeping with the subject of this thread, I think he means they'll redshirt him next year.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Ty Jones
    Jordan Chin

Portal Predictions:
    Spiker to Oregon.
    Puka to Utah.
    Osborne to Cal.
    I hate the thought of it, too. But would you stick around UW if you were one of those guys and witnessing the multi-season OKG-Man-Up pathology of your head coach?