Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Such an improvement (Mike Vorel's beautiful article)

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen often has repeated that those who practice most consistently will earn opportunities in games.

Right there.... He doesn't believe in fucking gamers. Guys that show up for the lights. We are fucked.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If the huskies loose their next night game and win their day games, then you will know it is connected to their quarterback & receiver corps with the night lights.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019
    Emoterman said:

phineas said:

Fuller will probably end up in the NFL making plays after being the most hated husky on the team.

None of this shit is his fault. He does the best he can and would be a solid 2nd receiver or a phenomenal 3rd. He needs to not drop as many passes though.

It's our fucking coaches that is the problem
    How the fuck are the coaches to blame for drops that go right through his hands, off his chest?
    They won’t play anyone else. Literally anyone. Puka? Too young. Doesn’t know the plays. Osborne and Spiker? Too young, don’t know the plays. Hell, event Chin? Nah, only on trick plays.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Postal91 said:

Petersen often has repeated that those who practice most consistently will earn opportunities in games.

Right there.... He doesn't believe in fucking gamers. Guys that show up for the lights. We are fucked.

The converse is also true - some people crack under pressure.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

phineas said:

Fuller will probably end up in the NFL making plays after being the most hated husky on the team.

None of this shit is his fault. He does the best he can and would be a solid 2nd receiver or a phenomenal 3rd. He needs to not drop as many passes though.

How the fuck are the coaches to blame for drops that go right through his hands, off his chest?
    I think pgos is saying that (1) coaches aren't managing the game well and with poor playcalling (2) guys like fuller who cannot separate or manufacture their own luck and rely on a well thrown ball (3) and when they drop the ball it is their own fault.

but fuller playing in a balanced system will get better opportunities which would probably lead to less drops as the chances a defender will be in his face or draped all over him will be less.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

There are no standards. After a couple drops, you should get pulled. After a couple games of bad production, pull them. It’s a results driven game.

I know the players behind them suck. If they were any good, they would get in at least a little bit. It’s just depressing.

puka does not suck, hunter got benched while the other WR did not
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

phineas said:

Misread the PGOS post. Apologies for being FS.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Vorel is the first Seattle Sports Journalist with a dick and some balls since Y2K. I love that guy.

Along with Larry Stone, who endeavors to tell the truth about things.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Pete is gonna watch the tape.

It’s been written before, but it suddenly bears repeating: entering the game, Stanford’s defense ranked 127th nationally in opponent completion percentage (70.6%), 126th in opponent pass efficiency rating (170.60), 124th in opponent yards per attempt (9.4), 115th in passing defense (287.4 yards per game) and 111th in touchdown passes allowed (11).

Stats are for losers
  • Options
    Founders Club

FirePete said:

There are no standards. After a couple drops, you should get pulled. After a couple games of bad production, pull them. It’s a results driven game.

I know the players behind them suck. If they were any good, they would get in at least a little bit. It’s just depressing.

I wasn’t paying a ton of attention to the personnel groups. Did Bryant get benched or come out for a few plays because of the personnel groupings?

I would have no problem with shunted Bryant getting benched. He was pathetic in the first half and looked dead. Baccellia should have been benched a long time ago. While Fuller is the only WR that gets open, he has dropped way too many passes. He had 9 catches for 171 yards yet was still awful. It’s time to give the young guys a chance. It can’t get any worse.
    +1,000
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

FirePete said:

I wasn’t paying a ton of attention to the personnel groups. Did Bryant get benched or come out for a few plays because of the personnel groupings?

I would have no problem with shunted Bryant getting benched. He was pathetic in the first half and looked dead. Baccellia should have been benched a long time ago. While Fuller is the only WR that gets open, he has dropped way too many passes. He had 9 catches for 171 yards yet was still awful. It’s time to give the young guys a chance. It can’t get any worse.
    So much this. Our magic Asian nails it again. Fuller is almost good, but isn't, and the rest of them are trash. Play the young guys. It's our only hope.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Senior wide receiver Chico McClatcher, meanwhile, has not caught a pass since the 52-20 win over Hawaii on Sept. 14. Nacua — a 6-1, 204-pound former four-star freshman — has been targeted a grand total of one time this season, and he turned that target into a picturesque 28-yard touchdown. And it’s not that Puka isn’t playing, either; the highly touted freshman receiver just rarely runs a route. Most often, he enters the game, blocks for a running play and then immediately exits again. This begs the obvious question: they burned his redshirt so he could block?

probably was a broken play since freshman cant learn playbooks good and stuff.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pete, you are now a loser. Time to start paying attention to stats
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Vorel is the first Seattle Sports Journalist with a dick and some balls since Y2K. I love that guy.

Jim Moore has balls too, even though he refers to himself as a beta male
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Yes, but he's a known idiot. Vorel isn't. Perhaps I should have amended my OP to reflect that - has dick and balls AND isn't mentally retarded.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Yes, but he's a known idiot. Vorel isn't. Perhaps I should have amended my OP to reflect that - has dick and balls AND isn't mentally retarded.
    He has got a schtick, but he's not retarded. He's a contrarian.