Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

teams outspending the mariners

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/name/sea/seattle-mariners
so the 12th largest media market is 24th in payroll.
Being outspent by
Milwaukee
Baltimore
Cleveland
Kansas City
Pittsburgh,
fuck they're barely outspending oakland
I find it hilarious that they want to actually argue that they aren't cheap.
This team could really use Ervin Santana and Kendrys Morales, but they won't go above their fucking stingy budget of 80 million.
Whoever gives this ownership group a fucking dime needs to pour the fluid and the light the match.

Comments

• Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    And Oakland does very well with their low payroll. It doesn't get them beyond the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs; then again, the Yankees outspend everyone but recently have just one World Series title. Only one team wins the last game of the year, and it isn't always the one with the higher payroll, or even in the top 5.

Mariners spent $100 million one year, and wound up with 100 losses.

Mariners went after Nelson Cruz hard, but he chose another team. We should be happen that Cruz had us in the discussion.

So what am I trying to say? Fuck if I know. Just win more games than you lose, and you stand a better chance of having a winning season and being competitive. Win more than the other teams in your division, then you may win the division. It's that simple.

FYFMFE
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries/_/name/sea/seattle-mariners
    so the 12th largest media market is 24th in payroll.
    Being outspent by
    Milwaukee
    Baltimore
    Cleveland
    Kansas City
    Pittsburgh,
    fuck they're barely outspending oakland
    I find it hilarious that they want to actually argue that they aren't cheap.
    This team could really use Ervin Santana and Kendrys Morales, but they won't go above their fucking stingy budget of 80 million.
    Whoever gives this ownership group a fucking dime needs to pour the fluid and the light the match.

The little league team I coached spent more money than the Mariners.

HTH
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whos all going to Macklemore Bobblehead Night?!

I hear the dancing grounds crew is going to have some new moves this season! should be a nice outing for the entire family... win or lose, who cares. not important. Important thing is did you have fun.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I stopped caring during the Carter Administration.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I hear the dancing grounds crew is going to have some new moves this season! should be a nice outing for the entire family... win or lose, who cares. not important. Important thing is did you have fun.

Macklemore Bobblehead night? heck I'm I've already booked my ticket for Dave Sims hat night on May 30.
    I also hear they'll be adding another fake hydroplane this year. And the hat trick is bigger and better than ever.
    Looking forward to my time enjoying my time at the ballpark this year, screw winning baseball
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm waiting for them to introduce a Mariner's wine tasting event, I would be there with my scarf on!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I love how Cano is basically saying they need another bat in the lineup or the offense will suck again. At least he is trying, at this point the whole Cano signing feels more like a "See we signed a big player now shut the fuck up" from Jack Z... this season is now a success in his eyes just because he signed Cano.
  • Options

I love how Cano is basically saying they need another bat in the lineup or the offense will suck again. At least he is trying, at this point the whole Cano signing feels more like a "See we signed a big player now shut the fuck up" from Jack Z... this season is now a success in his eyes just because he signed Cano.

You mean Seager and Corey Hart hitting around Cano isn't a good lineup? Cano will be lucky to see a fastball down the middle once every month.
  • Options
    I stand corrected, today's lineup has Smoak and Montero hitting after Cano. Cano will be getting the Barry Bonds treatment this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Kim GrinoldsFS thinks these type of promotions will help build energy in the stadium. Has nothing to do with product on the field.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kim GrinoldsFS thinks these type of promotions will help build energy in the stadium. Has nothing to do with product on the field.
    all the KJR fags on twitter love the Mariners marketing team. fucking pathetic.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

all the KJR fags on twitter love the Mariners marketing team. fucking pathetic.
    The Mariners probably have the best marketing of any Seattle team. People love those cute little commercials. It doesn't mean shit though when you field a team as shitty as the M's have.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Time for my annual "When will fucktards stop talking about the Mariners?" pole.